Embedding TiddlyWiki syntax in BAM: a ridiculous yet interesting example

Charlie Veniot

May 8, 2022, 8:05:24 PM5/8/22
to TiddlyWiki

```
<$list filter="[tag[.bas]first[10]]">
print "{{!!title}}"
</$list>

```

Totally ridiculous example, and not at all practical (the BAM console window is an HTML canvas, and does not handle screen scrolling/wrapping at all.)  But imagine graphics, or text processing returned to TiddlyWiki via browser local/session storage.

Or dynamically generating BASIC code at runtime.  Like DATA statements, or anything else imaginable.

This works because of wikification of a BASIC program before dynamically creating the HTML that will be fed to an iframe.

Although I doubt it will ever be a problem, it is important to make sure that there is absolutely nothing in BASIC syntax that could be mistakenly wikified.

Charlie Veniot

May 9, 2022, 11:58:54 AM5/9/22
to TiddlyWiki
Seeing as I'm not particularly confident of my ability to communicate in words the thoughts (well parsed-out from all of the other intertwingled ones) in my head, I'm thinking a good idea to add a screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 12.52.20 PM.png

Charlie Veniot

May 11, 2022, 10:40:40 PM5/11/22
to TiddlyWiki
A great benefit of hosting a programming language in TiddlyWiki:  instant "metaprogramming" characteristics.

Just another silly example to test out the varsWidget:

Screenshot 2022-05-11 11.32.04 PM.png