How to add checked items from a filtered list to a new tiddler

152 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

scot

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 22. 17:41:462019. 08. 22.
– TiddlyWiki

I would appreciate any help the experienced users of TiddlyWiki on this group can offer to solve my problem.

I would like to use checkboxes to select items in a filtered list of parts and add them to a new tiddler.

In other words I would like to make a parts list from selected parts in a list (similar to a shopping list).

Each of the items will be tagged "part". When checked the parts will be tagged "npl" (New Parts List)

The Parts List tiddler will then show the selected items. However, when the items are unchecked in Parts, they are removed from the Parts List tiddler.
Is there a way to add them permanently to the Parts List and use the original parts again by unchecking them in the Parts tiddler?

The example attached contains simple part names. I would like to expand the detail of the parts to include other fields in addition to the part title, if possible.

Thanks

my_parts.html

TonyM

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 22. 22:17:372019. 08. 22.
– TiddlyWiki
Scot,

What do you mean "add them to a new tiddler" ?

If you mean add them into the text, this is not advised, what about tagging New Tiddler with all the parts? ie each part puts a tag on the tiddler.

Regards
Tony

Mark S.

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 22. 23:49:462019. 08. 22.
– TiddlyWiki
Here's an example that may or may not do what you want. Drag and drop into your TW file and import.

In this example there are parts, tagged as "part", and there are partslists, tagged as "partlist". You can turn any tiddler
into a partslist by tagging it as "partlist".

In the tiddler, "Set up a partlist", you can select a partlist. Then you check off the parts that apply. As you do, the
partlist tiddler will be tagged with the names of the parts. You can select a different partslist, and set it up too.

Hopefully this close to what you wanted.

Good luck!
partslist-example.json

scot

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 23. 10:35:012019. 08. 23.
– TiddlyWiki
Hi TonyM and Mark S.
Thanks for your quick replies.

Tony - Yes, I would like the parts listed in the tiddler body - why is this not advisable?

Mark S - I like your example, but it's not quite what I need.
As I mentioned above, I would like the parts listed in the body of the Parts List tiddler not the tags.
I would also like to be able to input a name for the Parts List tiddler at the time of selection.

E.g.
Title: Assembly Parts List
body:
|Item|Description|Qty|Remarks|
|1 |Screw Pan Head M3x8mm|4|note|
|2|Nut, Hex, M3|4|-|

I hope this explains my needs better.

Mark S.

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 23. 14:08:062019. 08. 23.
– TiddlyWiki
In that case, a better approach would be to save the parts in the list field of the partslist tiddler. Then
enumerate them via <$list> filter as a template

Hard-coding them into the parts list would be inefficient, since there's no reasonable way
to automate adding or subtracting parts.

scot

olvasatlan,
2019. aug. 24. 6:34:582019. 08. 24.
– TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mark.
I'm not sure how to add them to the list field yet, I'll have to read the documentation first, but that sounds like a solution.
thanks again,
scot
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek