Presenting: SheetsIN - Import from Google Sheets into TW

Mat

Mar 10, 2021, 4:17:21 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
There is (1) Good news (2) HUGE news and (3) Bad news!

The good news is: Mark and I have made a TW plugin to import from Google Sheets. Every row becomes a tiddler!

The HUGE news is that this is the linchpin, the kingpin, the Rosetta Stone, to turn pretty much anything into tiddlers because Google Sheets can be made to import data from other services such as your Google Drive, your Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, your GCalendar, stock charts and hundreds (thousands?) of more services. Whatever you want as tiddlers, you can get it. OK, almost.

The bad news is: The SheetsIN plugin is only HALF of the solution! We need a SheetsOUT plugin to get tiddlers into Google Sheets. If this were possible, Google Sheets can then be used as a full backend for TW... and tiddlers can be sent as email, tweets, calendar events, etc etc.

So, if you have knowledge about how to "export to Google Sheets" do please shout out.

Thus, Mark S and I proudly give thee the first half of the TiddlyGoo suite ;-)
We also hope people will share their Google scripts (!) that connect Google Sheets with other services. This is only indirectly a TW matter but will benefit us all. I will soon share a script that imports file data from Drive to Sheets so you easily show images stored on Drive in TW.

<:-)

coda coder

Mar 10, 2021, 6:19:53 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Huge is not a big enough word for how enormously fantastic this achievement is. (Sorry I got busy elsewhere, Mat/Mark, but customer/Covid needs were pressing).

Jon

Mar 10, 2021, 8:01:00 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
The glass is definitely half full!
Many thanks for this.

Regards
Jon

David Gifford

Mar 10, 2021, 8:16:51 AM3/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
WOW!!! Thanks to you both! Will add to toolmap today

Mohammad Rahmani

Mar 10, 2021, 12:16:14 PM3/10/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Mark and Mat!
Very useful indeed with many opportunities!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Álvaro

Mar 11, 2021, 5:32:41 PM3/11/21
to TiddlyWiki

Great work! Thank you to you both!

Ste

Mar 19, 2021, 9:52:18 AM3/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
I turn my back for a week or so and awsome things happen!

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 19, 2021, 11:57:43 AM3/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ste wrote:
I turn my back for a week or so and awsome things happen!

AwEsome darling. Yeah,  I think it is interesting too, like you.

Mat <matia...@gmail.com> wrote:
The good news is: Mark and I have made a TW plugin to import from Google Sheets. Every row becomes a tiddler!

Lucas Cervera

Mar 20, 2021, 8:14:01 AM3/20/21
to TiddlyWiki
Great work! Thank you! I will be using it intensively soon.