[TW5] editing a tiddler in the view mode and duplicating a model

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 6:08:39 AM6/11/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

First, many thanks to Jeremy, and all of these gifty devs for that great TW5.
I enjoyed TWC, and I enjoy even more TW5.

My spoonerism database is on the way from TWC to TW5.

Question : I would like to use TW5 as a notes container for my under-writing novel.
How could I edit tiddler in a view mode to create my character's files ?
Each tiddler could have that form :

| libellé   |  contenu |
| Nom      | Dupont    |
| prénom  | Jean        |
|...           |..             .|
...about 50 different "libellés"...

"Dupont" and "Jean" are fields that could be changed directly viewing the tiddler, without editing it, and searching the right row to change or add the value in the code.

Is that possible ?

I may not have read (or understood) the exact way to do that in the forum.

Thank you for any answer.

Kind regards

Philippe

Stephan Hradek

Jun 11, 2014, 6:51:03 AM6/11/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Maybe my simple contacts database will be enough for you? It's not just a plugin to download but instructions how to create the "DB". So you can. more or less easily adjust to your needs.

http://tw5magick.tiddlyspot.com/ Search for "Creating a simple Contacts DB".

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 9:02:16 AM6/11/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank Stephan you for this quick answer.

I already saw your great work. I will try to adapt the simple database, wich could be enough.
But, at he moment, after following your instructions, I have two bad comportment I cannot  correct :

Person DB => the button "+" is "Undefined widget 'newtiddler'"  (whatever tiddler I copy)
When I click on the edit button, (Person DB or Person by town),  instead of a normal and nice (as you have on your files) table, I have the following :

|!Street | | |!Town | | |!Phone | |

As if it wasn't read as a table.

I guess I am missing something simple, but cannot see what...

Thank you again for your help

best regards

Philippe

Stephan Hradek

Jun 11, 2014, 9:11:30 AM6/11/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The first sentence in the "Create…" tiddler reads:

To showcase what's possible with my newtiddler widget (search for "NewtiddlerWidget" on my tiddlystuff wiki), I created a small Contacts DB.

Your errors indicate that you're missing the newtiddler widget. Hop over to tiddlystuff and copy the newtiddler plugin to your wiki.

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 5:14:04 AM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Stephan,

First problem is resolved. I  have the right icon at the right place.

But I am still standing in front of the second one :

 (|!Street | | |!Town | | |!Phone | | ) instead of a nice table.
It doesn't seem to have to do with your code or procedure, it seems more a problem inside TW5 (
5.0.12-beta), as a simple tiddle with "!test" doesn't show it as a title.
I will try to find what is happening.

Kind regards

Philippe

Stephan Hradek

Jun 12, 2014, 5:17:36 AM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to see your wiki so that I can check the code you wrote.

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 5:45:17 AM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Of course.. here it is.
tw5_vierge.html

Stephan Hradek

Jun 12, 2014, 8:54:35 AM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The problem lies somewhere in your modifications/customisations as your wiki is not at all capable of displaying tables.

Just try a simple table like:

| a | b |
| c | d |

It won't display correctly.

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 9:19:20 AM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
That is what I suspected.
I will try again with a brand new wiki.
But, as i am not an expert, and as I didn't customise a lot, it would be interessant to understand what I did by inadvertance.

Thank you again

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 5:08:19 PM6/12/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephan,

Last time (for this subject  ;-)    )...

you will find attached my new wiki.

No customisation at all, direct from the empty one.
I added one tiddler to control the table display.
I added the "newtiddler widget" of yours. (It runs very well)
Then, one by one, I dragged and dropped tiddlers needed to set up the contact DB, checking after each one if tables were displayed ok.

For sure I must be missing something... I would be pleased if you could see what.
I would like to know if anyone who added this contact DB, have had that kind of problem. Do you know ?

Thank You Stephan

Kind regards

Philippe
tresgrostest.html

Stephan Hradek

Jun 13, 2014, 1:02:22 AM6/13/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ok. That's due to a change in 5.0.10.

Edit the "personEntry" tiddler and enter an empty line between these 2 lines:

<$reveal state="$:/temp/PersonDBeditPerson" text={{!!title}} type="match">
{{!!title||editPerson}}

so that it looks like this afterwards:

<$reveal state="$:/temp/PersonDBeditPerson" text={{!!title}} type="match">

{{!!title||editPerson}}

That should fix it.

phi...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2014, 3:36:23 AM6/13/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Stephan... you must be a kind of sorcerer...

I guess I will never understand why a simple empty line can do that, but effectively, it works !!

Thank you again for your quick and efficient help.

Kind regards

Philippe

Birthe C

Aug 28, 2014, 12:17:18 AM8/28/14
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Stephan Hradeks simple contacts DB. It worked very well, but after upgrading to TW 5.0.15 I am not able to edit the entries at all. After each keypress focus is lost.

Birthe