[PLUGIN] Presenting "Panulat-edittheme", an edit template theme

JD

Aug 29, 2020, 5:49:19 AM8/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello, JD here!

Before I go all-in on another personal theme-ing journey, I'd like to separate a palatable tidbit I can present to you all.

This is Panulat-edittheme, a plugin for those who'd like to dress the core edit template a little without theming the whole of tiddlywiki.

As you can see, I've combined type and fields into a footer-area. Other than that, these aesthetics are just CSS.

Some features:
  • Editor Toolbar can be sticky! Even with preview off (browser-based compatibility)
  • Mobile-friendly editing, where editor toolbar scrolls horizontally and things are compact
  • Word and character count
  • Toggle on/off the tags area, editor toolbar, and type & fields area via a dropdown while in edit template

You can check it out here: http://j.d.panulat-edittheme.tiddlyspot.com/ to see other features and install, if you like.

-jd

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 29, 2020, 6:23:41 AM8/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi JD,

Very nicely done, thanks for sharing.

I would like to suggest having an option that removes the dropdown and puts those settings in the ControlPanel instead.
I would probably just set the configuration once to my liking and never need the dropdown again, so it would be nice to remove the dropdown button and further remove clutter.

Cheers,
Saq

JD

Aug 29, 2020, 7:41:33 AM8/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks as always for the feedback, Saq!

And you're right, that will prove to be a better experience, and will be a quick update to boot. Unfortunately, I've no time tonight and will have to delay that preference.

-jd

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 29, 2020, 8:10:44 AM8/29/20
to TiddlyWiki