Noto Emoji: Svg, Png, and Font

Mohammad

Apr 9, 2020, 5:01:57 AM4/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
A new release of Noto-Emoji is out there!

The Noto EMoji from Google is a great collection of free svg, png, and font!
It is very handy to be used in your Tiddlywiki. I love their svg to iconify my writings in Tiddlywiki

For more info see:

--Mohammad

Joshua Fontany

Apr 9, 2020, 2:37:05 PM4/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mohammad,

I am collecting SVG resources into a git repo that will proccess them into SVG tiddlers complete with meta-data tags, reference links back to their "home" URL etc.

This is on the list!

Best,
Joshua F

Mohammad

Apr 9, 2020, 3:00:39 PM4/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Wonderful Joshua! It would be a good resource for Tiddlywiki.

--Mohammad

TonyM

Apr 9, 2020, 9:03:51 PM4/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Joshua,

That would be lovely. I am keen for us to also identify a small number of additional icons to add by plugin or to the standard distribution to plug some of the gaps in icons in the default set. Icons that can be easily annotated or recoloured (I use the fill="color") on cloned standard icons quite a lot now), Perhaps a voting system could help us choose a minimal set?

Regards
Tony

Ste Wilson

Apr 10, 2020, 5:18:08 AM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Joshua, not sure this is what you mean by svg resources but I've recently discovered fooplot.com and http://jsxgraph.uni-bayreuth.de/wp/index.html

Joshua Fontany

Apr 10, 2020, 6:02:38 PM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks all!

Right now I am focusing on the FontAwesome icons, and those found at https://game-icons.net/.

The https://game-icons.net/ folks have built a very very cool "studio" react app that will load on each icon's page, and allows you to customize the icon colors, etc, and export a PNG.

For example: https://game-icons.net/1x1/delapouite/ship-wheel.html

I find this quite impressive, and have used it to generate other UI elements for projects.

I think I could eventually implement something like it in TW that could edit any SVG tiddler. We'll see. ;D

Best,
Joshua F

TonyM

Apr 10, 2020, 8:35:23 PM4/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Joshua

This is very promising. Can I ask if you gave managed to pin down the difference between standard tiddlywiki svgs and those we acquire elsewhere? Even if I have to write it myself. It seems to me just a few facts and some related css would extend the usability of even the core svgs. Even more so with the work you are doing. It would not hurt if we also have a style guide and a little tiddlywiki specific notes e.g. view page and editor toolbars, creating buttons which conform to the toolbar settings. I have a lot of this information but with a few gaps in my understanding.

Thanks for your contributions here Joshua
Regards
Tony