[TW5] Printing and the Reveal Widget

Anjar

Aug 3, 2019, 8:29:41 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

I am using the reveal widget to create accorions/sliders in many tiddlers (hiding answers to quiz questions), and I wondered if it is possible to expand all of these when printing the page (to PDF/paper)? Or even better: create two buttons so that one can choose whether they will be expanded or collapsed?

Best,
Anders

Mat

Aug 3, 2019, 8:41:33 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Here's a strategy

For your revealwidget, use state tiddlers that all start with a common prefix e.g

$:/state/reveal/apple
$:/state/reveal/banana

Then you can create a button that lists all tiddlers prefixed $:/state/reveal that sets their content to be show/hide yes/no

<:-)

TonyM

Aug 3, 2019, 8:52:38 PM8/3/19
to TiddlyWiki
Another method is to use the list widget to reveal or hide content and have a dual filter that tests first for reveal and also for print mode, both will result in the same thing.

Regards
Tony
Message has been deleted

Anjar

Aug 4, 2019, 3:56:46 AM8/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mat and Tony, for quick and nice replies; I think I'll experiment with both approaches!

Best,
Anders

Anjar

Aug 4, 2019, 6:27:43 AM8/4/19
to TiddlyWiki
I think I have to ask for some more help; I  am currently using this template:

<$button class="tc-btn-invisible" popup=<<qualify "$:/temp/a1">>>

!header
</$button>
<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<
<qualify "$:/temp/a1">> text="">

content

</$reveal>

Is it achievable to use $list wth that set-up? I couldn't find any way to use qualify inside the list to regenerate the correct strings - and also how to re-act the popup mechanism..

Or is it necessary to switch aay from the popup mechanism?

Best,
Anders