Three alias plugin, what's the difference of their design/implementation?

yrosgi L

Aug 12, 2020, 9:30:30 AM8/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
The original feature I wanted was tag aliasing, such as there's a tag A, and B is an alias of A, when add B to a tiddler, it can also find the tiddler by search tag A.
As I see, this logic is obscure, so I try to find some available alias plugin or system. As the result, I found these(listed as the order I found it):

It look like that they are solving the problem very similar because it is not easy to find the difference for me.
And for this reason, it's hard to decide to use which one.

Any ideas?

Regards,

L,

Mat

Aug 15, 2020, 2:51:39 AM8/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
To answer your question, one would have to do the very comparison you ask about. So the one to do it had probably best be you.

I, the creator of  http://aliastids.tiddlyspot.com/ , did add a note there about differences from mklaubers variant.

Overall, I'd think PMarios is the most powerful one but maybe(!) not the most direct to use of the three. Guess it depends on your use case.

<:-)

Mat

Aug 15, 2020, 2:52:42 AM8/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
BTW, I also made

<:-)

yrosgi L

Aug 15, 2020, 8:10:24 AM8/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you, Mat. I'm sorry that I ignored the note about differences previously. And your aliases plugin also look nice. After rethink about these alias plugin, maybe the key of my problem is not a alias plugin but to find a way that extend the search field when adding tags.

Thanks for your advice.