I'll be starting my own TiddlyWiki documentation project sometime in the new year

Charlie Veniot

Dec 19, 2022, 7:51:40 PM12/19/22
to TiddlyWiki
Definitely not trying to create something like Grok.  It is great, we don't need anything else trying to be good like it is.

Nah, I'm looking for something that is more of documentation to follow while doing exercises to apply what is being learned.

I'll be using TW 5.2.3 as my baseline.  I'm not interested in 5.2.4 or any of the other new stuff coming down the pipes.

In fact, I'll be cutting out of my documentation any TiddlyWiki features that I find unhelpful.  I'm no fan of multiple ways of doing things.  And I'll be using lingo that I find easier to understand/relate.

If you are interested, even if just for the giggles, get a hold of me.

Charlie Veniot

Jan 10, 2023, 5:50:31 PM1/10/23
to TiddlyWiki

Charlie Veniot

Jan 11, 2023, 12:35:59 AM1/11/23
to TiddlyWiki
I will be excluding things from my documentation that I consider flawed.

For example: the transclude widget.

Say I have "Main" tiddler with the following text:

```
<$transclude tiddler="Source Tiddler"/>

{{Source Tiddler}}

{{ || Source Tiddler}}
```

"Source Tiddler" has the text:

```
{{!!title}}
```

The transclude widget does not display the content of Source Tiddler.  The transclude widget actually displays "Main" tiddler using "Source Tiddler" as a template.

i.e.

```
<$transclude tiddler="Source Tiddler"/>
```
is the same as
```
{{ || Source Tiddler}}
```

So I will banish that from my documentation and, eventually, banish that from all my TiddlyWiki instances.

Charlie Veniot

Jan 27, 2023, 11:00:24 PM1/27/23
to TiddlyWiki
Distracted by other projects, I get back to this and find myself much too annoyed with the Transclude Widget to set my eyes on documentation.

So I surrender to the most interesting thing.

I've added the "field" attribute to my transclude macro.  For it to work the way I like, I had to use the wikify widget.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 11.25.07 PM.png

Charlie Veniot

Jan 27, 2023, 11:03:20 PM1/27/23
to TiddlyWiki
Slow and steady.  Well, very slow, somewhat steady ...

Screenshot 2023-01-28 12.01.58 AM.png

Charlie Veniot

Jan 31, 2023, 3:30:43 PM1/31/23
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyWiki's "Making a custom journal button" tiddler is not right.

I started to fix it when I realised:  I don't want to fix this because none of this works the way I like.

So I've started to create what I would have liked to see when I was starting out with TiddlyWiki:

Two screenshots below:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 4.27.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-31 4.29.41 PM.png

Charlie Veniot

Feb 2, 2023, 12:25:28 PM2/2/23
to TiddlyWiki
Oops, last post, the second link was a bad paste job.