Simple instructions for TiddlySever

Diego Mesa

Feb 15, 2018, 1:52:20 PM2/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all,

I have, a, uh, "friend" who is familiar with TW and has multiple node versions running, each in a different terminal window, and a couple single file wikis. Hes heard a lot of great things about TiddlyServer, and thinks it could help him but he isnt sure. He asked me, to ask the community for answers. Stated as simply as possilbe (but as detailed/specific as necessery to replicate):

  1. What is TiddlyServer used for?
  2. How can I install it?
  3. How do I "run" it?

Thanks!

Diego, and "his friend".

@TiddlyTweeter

Feb 15, 2018, 3:14:13 PM2/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
RichardWilliamSmith wrote a detailed introduction to TiddlyServer

 https://www.didaxy.com/introduction-to-tiddlyserver

I am NOT sure its fully in line with the latest version.

Arlen, the creator, is the person to ask for deeper guidance. Either here or on GitHub: https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer

Your "friend" -- like you -- has ...

... my best wishes
Josiah

Diego Mesa

Feb 15, 2018, 5:03:12 PM2/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
Wow Josiah! Thanks to that article I think I now understand! (and my friend!).

My settings.json file:

{

"tree": {

"~": "/Users/diego",

"mainTW": "/Users/diego/Dropbox/Personal/myTiddlyWiki",

"Downloads": "/Users/diego/Downloads",

"Papers": "/Users/diego/Dropbox/My Research/Papers"

},

"types":{

"htmlfile": ["htm", "html"]

},

"username": "",

"password": "",

"host": "127.0.0.1",

"port": 8080,

"backupDirectory": "",

"etagWindow": 0,

"etag": "",

"useTW5path" : false
}

Now I can go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/Papers/ and see all my PDFs!!! WOW!!!

Question: I have tiddlers whose title is exactly the title of a pdf on my filesystem inside this folder. I want to make a macro and viewtemplate to automatically include a url to open each paper in a new tab. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Diego

BurningTreeC

Feb 15, 2018, 5:14:37 PM2/15/18
to TiddlyWiki
@Diego,

I think you still haven't got it: If I click your link  http://127.0.0.1:8080/Papers/ it tells me that it isn't reachable, this must be a TiddlyServer configuration issue for sure!
We need to investigate about these kinds of errors

Sorry guys, I had a clown for breakfast!

BurningTreeC