Iframe tiddlers quirk

A Gloom

Jul 1, 2019, 7:40:10 PM7/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
(for single file TW 5.1.17, latest Firefox)

If when creating iframe tiddlers and they don't display their content (in cases where tou know they should), this may be a cause--

I often clone or copy and paste code from existing iframe tiddlers to edit the target source for new iframe tiddlers, and I have noticed if the cloned/copied iframe code  had referenced an external/Web "src" url (starting with http:), it will not display content if you edit the "src" url to an local url (ie file: or filename.html).  I found that I had to delete the new tiddler and create another new tiddler in its place with its iframe code with a  blank "src" value like so:

<iframe src="" width="100%" height="600"></iframe>

Iframe tiddlers quirk.tid

Mat

Jul 2, 2019, 5:55:04 AM7/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks but so where do you put the local path name?

And you've attached a tid to your post, maybe it was supposed to show some code but it is just a copy of the post itself - ?

<:-)

A Gloom

Jul 2, 2019, 6:26:50 PM7/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mat,

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 5:55:04 AM UTC-4, Mat wrote:
Thanks but so where do you put the local path name?

The local path (full for directories other than the one your TW is in, or shortened if its in a subdirectory of the one your TW is in) or file name if its in the same directory goes into the src just like a url.

<iframe src="full local file path" width="100%" height="600"></iframe>
<iframe src="subdirectory/filename" width="100%" height="600"></iframe>
<iframe src="filename" width="100%" height="600"></iframe>

And you've attached a tid to your post, maybe it was supposed to show some code but it is just a copy of the post itself - ?

The attached tid is for TWScripts or other TW reference wikis, so they can import a tiddler of the post.  There's really no unique code, the post covers the generic iframe code and a quirk I noticed with the src value.  The gist is if the iframe originally pointed to a http address, trying to change it to local, the iframe won't reflect the change and will display a blank iframe.

Mat

Jul 2, 2019, 7:55:02 PM7/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
OK, thanks

...but regarding putting copies of the post as attachments: Is everyone here supposed to remember to never open and read specifically your posts? If you do this I'd suggest at lest stating it in the post.

<:-)

A Gloom

Jul 2, 2019, 8:36:46 PM7/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
 If you do this I'd suggest at lest stating it in the post.

Very good point, I shall have to remember to start annotating about the attached tid.