Have you seen my tiddlers (hiding not lost)

Donald Coates

Mar 11, 2020, 8:31:35 AM3/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
so I was hacking away with my test wiki and unwittingly, if I remember correctly which is rare, activated some feature by either upgrading to the pre release or clicking something or who knows what wherein new tiddlers are saved to an outside location so changes made don't break the wiki.

anyone know where this folder is?

In other words when I make a new tiddler it is still there when I stop and restart the nodejs server but it is not in the tiddlers directory.

I seem to remember this happening before but now my coronavirus-news saturated brain can't seem to find it.

Joshua Fontany

Mar 12, 2020, 7:25:15 PM3/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Did you setup a `$:/config/FileSystemPaths` tiddler?

See https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#Customising%20Tiddler%20File%20Naming

Best,
Josh F

Donald Coates

Mar 13, 2020, 11:21:40 PM3/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Josh for taking the time.  I am a big fan of that file yes and use it to keep 'subwikis' but sadly this time it wasn't the case.  I do remember long ago there was a 'feature' for testing where all changes were saved in an outside directory to make it easy to return to a clean slate for testing purposes but I can't for the life of me remember where the outside folder is, and who knows if that is even a feature any more.

I was using Arlen's TiddlyServer and switched to the prerelease's tiddly.js to load the wiki and there must have been something in that switch, possibly something in the tiddlywiki.info that I just couldn't pick up on.  I just started a new, empty directory and '--init server' command with the prerelease tiddly.js then moved all my tiddlers over and everything was working again.  One of my favorite things about using the nodejs version.

Thanks again and I'll post here if I find the dang things.  I need to brush up on my linux commands for finding stuff.

TonyM

Mar 14, 2020, 3:23:09 AM3/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Folks

There is a plugin in the standard plugin library that does something similar, could that be what your after?

Tony

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 14, 2020, 3:58:09 AM3/14/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donald

Perhaps the setting is the "default-tiddler-location" field of tiddlywiki.files:

It behaves much as you describe, forcing changed tiddlers to be written to a different directory.

Best wishes

Jeremy