Searching in TW

dieg...@gmail.com

May 5, 2021, 10:34:10 PM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
I was searching for documentation on the "is operator":

Kapture 2021-05-05 at 21.30.28.gif

I think TW search can be muched improved!

Charlie Veniot

May 5, 2021, 10:48:30 PM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Search instead for "is operator" (with the double-quotes)

Charlie Veniot

May 5, 2021, 10:49:06 PM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Poop.  Just the first double-quote.

Mohammad Rahmani

May 6, 2021, 1:25:42 AM5/6/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,
That is quite true! The standard search box does not return the right results especially when you have a very big Tiddlywiki!
This is why many have written plugins for that! But like you I believe the standard search box needs to be more precise!

Best wishes
Mohammad

Soren Bjornstad

May 6, 2021, 9:59:03 PM5/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Diego,

What exactly is the concern here? Your search appears to have found the tiddler as expected. Are you just saying you'd like to have the items sorted by relevance or something? (Not a bad idea, and I agree search leaves something to be desired, just not sure exactly what the suggestion is.)