[INTRO] List of similar and related tiddlers

bimlas

Mar 17, 2021, 5:04:16 PM3/17/21
to TiddlyWiki
Maybe someone finds it useful: I've attached a view template that lists
  • Tiddlers whose title contains the title of the current tiddler
    • For example, if the title of the current tiddler is "Apple", then it will list "Red Apple", "Yellow Apple", etc.
  • Tiddlers whose text most often contains the title of the current tiddler
    • For example, if the title of the current tiddler is "Apple", then it will list "Fruit Processing" "Healthy Food", etc.
To give it a try, import it to https://tiddlywiki.com and check out the Commands tiddler, for example.
$__bimlas_view-template_find-similar-titles.json

Mohammad Rahmani

Mar 18, 2021, 3:02:32 PM3/18/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi bimlas,

 Very clever solution! First I thought it used some kind of fuzzy search ;-)
I think it has a great potential of use!

I add it to some of my personal TWs and will share the results with you later.

Best wishes
Mohammad

tony

Mar 23, 2021, 4:33:58 PM3/23/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you very much, bimlas

I too concur with Mohammad, very clever and handy! :-)

Your solution was tested on wikis between 800 - 4K tiddlers and saw no performance degradation from viewing the extra tiddlers.

Oft times I drag in a lot of content to 'bookmark' in TiddlyWiki but accrue semantic debt when I lag in tagging at import time.

Between tagging, other methods like Tobias Beer's Sidebar Stories and now your useful template, this really helps make/find meaning in TiddlyWiki without manual metadata intervention.

Best,
tony

bimlas

Mar 23, 2021, 5:44:20 PM3/23/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks! Tony, you might also be interested in this: tiddlers are linked by a given search term.

https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/2XxI2apw6e4/m/8E7AJAszBwAJ

Jack Baty

Mar 24, 2021, 9:33:04 AM3/24/21
to TiddlyWiki
I love this. Wondering if it can replace my current "backlinks" footer. I have switched to almost always using CamelCaseLinks rather than [[Bracket Links]] so the list of best matches is basically backlinks anyway. It does have me thinking about my use of CamelCaseLinks though, since it limits the matches somewhat. Excellent, though!