The problem with TiddlyWiki.com

Charlie Veniot

Jul 29, 2022, 7:19:24 PM7/29/22
to TiddlyWiki
It is one TiddlyWiki instance trying to be all things at once.

I've got to chew on that a while and parse out all of details of what I have going in my sponge.  That's going to take a while.

But I will try and give quick toughts on:

tiddlywiki.com serves the needs of several distinct but overlapping groups of users:
  • It is the landing page first encountered by prospective users
  • It is the online demo for prospective users to explore
  • It is the online documentation reference for current users
  • It is the community test bed for quick tests and proof-of-concepts
Landing page ought to be a portal website, built with a solution that excels at creating and maintaining portal websites.

The portal website ought to embed multiple TiddlyWiki demos, each demo specific to the scope of the demo.

The portal website ought to embed multiple TiddlyWiki instances for a certain scope of documentation, integrated with TiddlyWiki demo instances related to the documentation.

The portal website ought to embed, or at least link to, a bunch of sandbox TiddlyWiki instances as test beds.

Plus a whole bunch more.

So not one thing that does everything.  But one thing that displays and gives access to everything.

Something like that.  On vacation, but must write this down while I think of it.