Download from tiddlyspot to use in google dsrive

sam stone

Mar 1, 2021, 1:34:36 AM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
I am trying to download my tiddlywiki file from tiddlyspot and use google drive to edit and run it. But any downloading I try it seems to get corrupted. I get an message that says "It appears that this: "TiddlyWiki has been incorrectly saved. Please see http://www.tiddlywiki.com/#DownloadSoftware for details"  but that doesn't go anywhere useful. I can't really edit or save it. Any ideas on how to do this?

Mat

Mar 1, 2021, 6:15:35 AM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Are you using the regular "circled tick" download button to save it? (You should)

If the file really is corrupted, you can export the tiddlers using the AdvancedSearch filter tab. The export button appears between the X and the garbage can, when you enter something into the field.

Note that you can't open a html file in google drive because it opens as a html text rather than being rendered.

<:-)

Euthymious

Mar 1, 2021, 6:34:06 AM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
> Note that you can't open a html file in google drive because it opens as a html text rather than being rendered.

понедельник, 1 марта 2021 г. в 14:15:35 UTC+3, Mat:

sam stone

Mar 1, 2021, 11:33:26 PM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
I must have an old version, the tiddlywiki I have is I believe "standard" from tiddlyspot. There is no "circled tick" - as I see in a newer (?) version. (see: http://heroku.rtfm.tiddlyspot.com/)  I would like to get that to tiddlyhost - I have set up an account there and would like to migrate it there. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

sam stone

Mar 1, 2021, 11:35:53 PM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
I did setup tiddlydrive - and have a sample up there - but the tiddly that I have is a different version - I'd like to get it from http://heroku.rtfm.tiddlyspot.com/ (don't know what version that is) to either drive or host - so migrating that file is what I need. ANy help appreciated, thanks.

strikke...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 11:39:46 PM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Right click the link to your tiddlywiki and select save link as.
At least you will then have a local copy.

Birthe

strikke...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 11:41:41 PM3/1/21
to TiddlyWiki

I forgot. It is a Tiddlywiki classic version 2.6.1

Birthe

sam stone

Mar 1, 2021, 11:46:18 PM3/1/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is what I have done, I do have a local copy. That copy does not play nicely with google drive -I'd like to have a copy on the web to edit as I have different laptops and am at different locations at times. There is no upload to the new iddlyhost.com site.

strikke...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2021, 12:14:33 AM3/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
There is a Group for Tiddlywiki Classic There is also an update to old wikis and that might be an idea to make at least something easier.

Hope you find a way,

Birthe

sam stone

Mar 3, 2021, 10:30:21 PM3/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, now at least I know that I am using "classic", and know how to look for answers better. Thanks.