Non-resizeable <$edit-text/> textarea widgets

Hubert

Mar 28, 2019, 1:45:35 PM3/28/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,

When an <$edit-text/> widget is tagged 'textarea' we get a multi-line text editor.

This text editor is resizeable: it can be dragged by its bottom-right corner and resized.

I want to prevent/disable this but so far I have been unsuccessful. I've tried closing the widget in a div with specific height and width but still, the text widget located inside the div could be dragged and resized just the same.

There are a few similar posts elsewhere in this group about auto-resize of text widgets. This is not my issue. What I'm trying to prevent/disable is the ability for the user to drag a corner of the text editor in order to resize it. I want the text edit to be fixed in size (when tagged=textarea) as specified by the widget's parameters.

Thank you very much for your help and apologies if I didn't phrase it clearly.

Thanks,
Hubert

Jeremy Ruston

Mar 28, 2019, 2:00:37 PM3/28/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hubert

There’s a CSS property that lets you control resizability of text areas. This will disable resizing on all textareas:

textarea {
resize: none;
}

Best wishes

Jeremy

Hubert

Mar 28, 2019, 2:52:41 PM3/28/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you for the pointer, Jeremy.

I'm not sure whether this is browser specific (I'm currently on FF), but I could only get this to work by including the property in the input type descriptor as below:

input[type=textarea] {
    resize
: none;
}

It now works perfectly. Thank you again!

Best regards,
Hubert

Mohammad