Plugin Configuration with Node.js

Matthis Wilhelm

Apr 23, 2020, 7:25:30 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I have a question regarding plugins using tiddlywiki and node.js.

I´m creating a wiki from markdownfiles using node.js --build index
In the .info file I included the markdown plugin and I´m able to create the wiki.

How ever I have a problem with the plugin. My markdown files use an extended syntax for tables and the default markdown interpreter / flavour (Gruber) doesn´t recognize the format.
To fix this I need to change the markdown interpreter in the plugin using the shadow tiddler  "$:/config/markdown/dialect" to Maruku.

How ever, I need to able to do it while creating the wik, because the wiki get´s automaticly generated by a Continious Integration Pipeline.

So my Question:
Is there a way to specify configuration of plugins in the tiddlywiki.info file or somewhere else?

One of my ideas has been to fork the original plugin repo, modify the plugin defaults and install it as custom plugin, but I can´t find an option to change the dialect in the plugin sources.

As a bonus it would also be nice to configure the look of the wiki before generating the index.html wiki file.

Thanks in advance

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 23, 2020, 7:50:55 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
As a step in your build process you can add a regular tiddler with the title $:/config/markdown/dialect and this will override the shadow tiddler.

Similarly you can add other tiddlers to customize the wiki before building

Tiddlers you want to add to the wiki go into the tiddlers folder.

Matthis Wilhelm

Apr 23, 2020, 8:37:34 AM4/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
That worked for me! Thanks!