Query: Is there an index of tiddlyspot.com?

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 6, 2020, 1:05:25 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Personally I have websites so don't need to use http://tiddlyspot.com. But I am aware it is widely used, though not httpS.

My query: is there an index of public wikis hosted on it?

Could be interesting!

TT

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 6, 2020, 1:08:40 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
email repeat ...

Mark S.

Mar 6, 2020, 1:34:41 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
A search on google like this:

results in more than 2000 hits. Replace * with your topic to reduce the number of hits, though not by much.

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 6, 2020, 1:52:27 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
I wonder if we could reduce this volatile cornucopia to something useful?

TT

Mat

Mar 6, 2020, 3:55:12 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyTweeter wrote:
My query: is there an index of public wikis hosted on it?

An index of public wikis hosted on tiddlywiki.com ? I'm not sure what you mean. What "public tiddlywikis"?  The so called editions?

<:-)

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 6, 2020, 4:12:28 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
tiddlyspot.com IS the aim.

Mat

Mar 6, 2020, 4:15:34 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Doh! That makes sense.

<:-)

TonyM

Mar 6, 2020, 6:10:45 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

I believe some people rely loosely on anonymity of the url when using tiddlyspot, so we can't assume everyone wants there wiki listed.

Since the server is free there are also most likely quite a number  incomplete and neglected wikis which a simple list does not manage.

I suggest curating and registering useful tiddlyspot wikis in Toolmap or another directory. Perhaps on Tiddlyspot itself?

Regards
Tony

Birthe C

Mar 6, 2020, 7:09:12 PM3/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
I agree with Tony.

Also If you do as Mark suggested, you will find that many are TWclassic. Some updated not long ago most very old and seem forgotten.
Quite a lot only started and given up from the looks of it.
Please also remember, that TW is used all over the world, you might not be able to read enough of them to know what they are about.

Birthe

TiddlyTweeter

Mar 9, 2020, 8:07:11 AM3/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
I believe some people rely loosely on anonymity of the url when using tiddlyspot, so we can't assume everyone wants there wiki listed.

Right. My curiosity is simply part of a general interest in someday help provide a decent SHOWCASE of a Good range of TW for different purposes.

I am not proposing to expose all on TSpot, merely find out more.

Best wishes
TT

A Gloom

Mar 10, 2020, 3:01:52 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
i never finished the index because I didn't know if the wiki owners wanted their wiki listed in a public listing

Mohammad

Mar 10, 2020, 3:32:08 AM3/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Many thanks for sharing!