Sharing Drift

Tony K

May 1, 2020, 7:37:50 PM5/1/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Drift is now updated to v0.3.0

v0.3.0 - 2020-07-16

Bugfix for lists display when using markdown format

Full change log and demo site https://akhater.github.io/drift/

Already running drift ?? make sure to update to the latest version

--------------
Just wanted to share "Drift" a place to Collect Organize and Grow your ideas

It has many features but, most important for me, is the "backlinks" or "bidirectional links"

Needless to say it is inspired by "TiddlyBlink" / "Stroll" just fitted to my own needs and liking

A demo and more extensive documentation is available at

Hope it will help someone

Damon Pritchett

May 1, 2020, 9:28:48 PM5/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony K,

Nice work. I did nearly exactly the same thing except I used the tabs macro. I like your method as well. With the tabs macro, I had to deal with the state tiddlers and the default tab, but solved that. Your method doesn't need to worry about that. I do like the keywords feature. I might have to think about how I could use that in my TW. Very interesting, indeed.

Damon

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 2:55:51 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Damon

Thanks for the kind words

I'm totally new to this and I don't even know what tab macro are 😁

Do you share yours somewhere? If so I'd be interested in taking a look

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 3:05:20 AM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello TonyK

Thanks for Sharing Drift here.

Some questions:

* Don't we already had backlinks?
* Are you planning to make it a plugin?
* Could you may explain a bit what is so extraordinary for you to have this kind of feature? I am really interested what possibilities are in here that I can't see and that we already have two projects (TiddlyBlink and yours) around this functionality.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 3:20:29 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Petruschk
* Off course we already have backlinks, actually all the featured are already there all I did is organizing them in tabs for ease of access and visibility
* Yes I am planning to package the "inbound links" as a package. actually it is almost done but I wanted to get Drift out there before the weekend that's all
* For me it is the flow of ideas. I've been using "TheBrain" free version for some time and I am not ready to pay for the premium version, and now here comes https://roamresearch.com/ that will also be expensive for me. That's what brought me to TiddlyWiki I need a place to be able to internlink ideas easily (like a Wiki [[Idea1]]) and then, when I review this idea1 I can easily find where i referred to it etc...

Also I've added some other small touches in Drift (listed in the features list)

For now it works for me but I totally understand it might not for everyone

all the best

Petruschka

May 2, 2020, 4:33:35 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Great explanation! Thank you very much for writing me back. I will definitive try it out for myself because of your answer. Starred!

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 4:38:15 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Glad to help sir

I'd appreciate some feedback when/if you try it

David Gifford

May 2, 2020, 10:42:46 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey TonyK, nice adaptation!

David Gifford

May 2, 2020, 10:44:50 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Added it to the toolmap under the linking section and the section on popups.

Damon Pritchett

May 2, 2020, 11:53:21 AM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Tony,

The tabs macro is built into Tiddlywiki so I just used it as is. I just took advantage of it. I borrowed a few things from HCHaase and created some other tiddlers to be used in the tabs macro. Their function is similar to what you've accomplished, just in a different fashion. I don't have a github site or anything so I've just copied the code below. The first snippet is the main tiddler with the tabs macro and tagged ViewTemplate. The other code snippets are each of the tiddlers used in the tab macro.

Here's the main tiddler:

<$list filter="[all[current]tag[Railroads]]" variable="dummy">

  <<tabs "[[Railroad Footnotes]] [[Railroad Predecessors]] [[Railroad Successors]] [[Railroad Cross-references]] [[Railroad Status Checkboxes]]" "Railroad Footnotes" "$:/state/rrfootertab" "footertabs">>

</$list>

The Railroad Footnotes tiddler simply contains <<showfnotes>> as I use the RefNotes plugin from Mohammad.

Here is the Railroad Predecessors tiddler:

<!-- below is a modified version of HC Haase TOC generic with his reveal widget replaced with a details widget -->

<!-- tags heading count and toc-->
<$list filter='[tag
<currentTiddler>limit[1]]'  variable=null>
<$count filter='[tag
<currentTiddler>]'/> Predecessors of: ''<<currentTiddler>>''
</$list>
<$macrocall $name="toc-selective-expandable" tag=<
<currentTiddler>> sort="sort[title]" />

Here is the Railroad Successors tiddler:

<!-- use kin filter to find succession of tags -->
<$list filter='[all[current]title
<currentTiddler>kin:tags:from[]!is[system]!title[Railroads]!title<currentTiddler>limit[1]]' variable=null>
Successors to ''<
<currentTiddler>>'':
</$list>
<ul>
  <$list filter="[title
<currentTiddler>kin:tags:from[]!is[system]!title[Railroads]!title<currentTiddler>]"> ->
    <$link><$view field="title"/>
    </$link>
  </$list>
</ul>

Railroad Cross-References:

<!-- backlinks heading count and toc-->
<$list filter='[all[current]backlinks[]limit[1]]' variable=null>
<$count filter='[all[current]backlinks[]]'/> Link(s) to ''<
<currentTiddler>>''
</$list>
<ul>
<$list filter="[!is[system]all[current]backlinks[]!tag[hide]!tag[outlines]sort[title]] -[is[current]]">

<li>
  <$link>
   <$view field="title"/>
  </$link>
  <$appear show="{{$:/core/images/unfold-button}}" hide="{{$:/core/images/fold-button}}">
    <$transclude field="text" mode="block" />
  </$appear>

</li>
</$list>
</ul>

<!-- list fields in this tiddler heading count and toc-->
<$list filter='[list{!!title}limit[1]]' variable=null>
 ''<
<currentTiddler>>'' is listing
</$list>
<
<list-links filter:"[list{!!title}]">>

<!-- listed in other tiddlers heading count and toc-->
<$list filter='[all[current]listed[]!is[system]limit[1]]' variable=null>
 ''<
<currentTiddler>>'' is listed in
</$list>
<
<list-links filter:"[all[current]listed[]!is[system]]">>

Status Checkboxes:

<!-- Check boxes to set certain fields to yes or no -->

Take a look at the code and please comment if you notice anything that could be improved or if there are any issues that I haven't come across yet (that also goes for any other folks out there - comments welcome). I'm pretty much a newbie myself, so I know I'm not doing things in the most efficient way.

Cheers,

Damon

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 12:32:40 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you David,

I'm honored

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 12:33:40 PM5/2/20
to TiddlyWiki
WOW thank yo Damon for taking the time to put all this together much appreciated

Tony K

May 2, 2020, 12:34:26 PM5/2/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
  1. As promised, I have packaged the inbound links part as a separate plugin TWCrossLinks at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/9ra0s9AEKl4
  2. Drift was updated to fix a CSS that caused issue in mobile view

Tony K

May 3, 2020, 8:03:10 AM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Drift is now updated with the latest version of TWCrossLinks

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 3, 2020, 4:22:57 PM5/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony, this is amazing! This includes basically everything I added to my own TW, looks like we have a similar use case :)

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 6:35:41 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Anne

thank you so much, FYI you are the one who drove me to TW5 in the first place when I was looking for a roam alternative so big thanks for that

in fact today's update of Drift is "for you" meaning I build it with you in mind since I noticed you are a "light palette" user where I am more on the dark side...

check next post :)

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 6:37:08 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Drift is now update to 0.0.4 this version brings a  "Light Palette" and a toggle switch

Brian C

May 4, 2020, 7:36:50 AM5/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tony K,

I love the. theme, but how can I make the tiddler title font bigger?  Everything else is great :-).
And also, my Wikitext is not rendering bullet lists?  Is that by design of the theme?

-Brian C

Anne-Laure Le Cunff

May 4, 2020, 7:55:58 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Wow, this is amazing! I'll add a link to it to my article about Roam alternative 🤗

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 8:22:33 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hellp Brian
thank you for giving it a try

both answered in the FAQ at https://akhater.github.io/drift/

please let me know if you have any more questions

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 10:44:15 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
version 0.0.6 is online and it has a fix for the bullet points

Enjoy

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 10:48:22 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
You are way too kind :)

merci

Brian C

May 4, 2020, 11:23:38 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
How do I update the theme?

Tony K

May 4, 2020, 11:56:42 AM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
unfortunately it is not a theme. it is a whole "package" so the only way to update it (for now) is to start fresh and import the older one in it and selecting only the non-system tiddlers

if you need help with that let me know

Julio Peña

May 4, 2020, 8:07:44 PM5/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony K and all,

VERY nice work you have there Tony.
I prefer the dark theme myself but both are great!

Thanks for sharing,
Julio

Tony K

May 5, 2020, 6:15:17 AM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Julio

thank you for the kind words and for trying it, an update version is now online, details in the first post of this thread

Tony K

May 5, 2020, 6:15:57 AM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Brian

I made a Cumulative Update for you, give it a try and let me know how it goes...

Details in the first post of this thread

Tony K

May 5, 2020, 6:16:33 AM5/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Just bumping the thread since Drift is now updated to v0.0.9. details in the first post of this thread

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.0.9

change log of this version

v0.0.9 - 2020-05-05

  • Updated TWCrosslinks to v.0.1.0
  • Added Lorem example
  • Added a fix for long Bullet and list items under "Control Panel" -> "Appearance" -> "Drift Tweaks"
    • Try it here
Full change log and demo site https://akhater.github.io/drift/

Already running drift ?? grab the Cumulative Update to version v0.0.9 at Github
--------------

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 2:26:51 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Another bump for the threat.

quite a few exciting changes for Drift in this version
  1. Inound links can now be transcluded on hover
  2. Inbound link counter
  3. Highlighted text

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.0.15

change log of this version

v0.0.15 - 2020-05-08

Full change log and demo site https://akhater.github.io/drift/

Already running drift ?? grab the Updates to version v0.0.15 at Github

Martin Piron

May 8, 2020, 2:32:17 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Excuse my "noobiness", but what is the recommended way to update ?
I guess the zip file "Drift_u_v0.0.10-v0.0.15.zip" is the way to go, importing its content in an existing v0.10 Drift ?

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 2:38:59 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Martin

depends on which version you are now

if you are on v0.0.10 yes this is the only file you need
if you are on earlier version you need first to grab the cumulative update and then update from v0.0.10 to 0.015 using Drift_u_v0.0.10-v0.0.15.zip

it is really hard to maintain CU packages in the case of drift, if i figure out a way I will do it

thank you for trying it

Saq Imtiaz

May 8, 2020, 2:43:27 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Tony,

I suggest you package everything that isn't a separate plugin, into a plugin called Drift.
This will allow users to upgrade by just updating the plugins, and I suspect will make your life much easier in terms of maintenance.

Regards,
Saq

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 2:46:05 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Saq

I did think about it briefly but the main issue is that this plugin can only be applied on the base of Drift no? does it make sense?

will give it a try and see how far i can go with it

By the way, I remember you had a 2 columns plug-in am I right? how easy/hard do you think it would be to add it to Drift?

Saq Imtiaz

May 8, 2020, 3:04:15 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
Basically Drift should be an empty TiddlyWiki with a combination of plugins added:
- 3rd party plugins and themes
- your own plugins like cross links
- every other tiddler you need for Drift, packaged into a "Drift" plugin.
an empty Drift file should contain no other tiddler.

Users can then update to the latest version by just dragging and dropping in the latest plugins. No need for any base copy etc.

In the long run it would also be great if you can separate everything purely visual and theme related from the functionality, but I also realize that can get very complicated and may not be easily doable.

The plugin for 2 stories that Stroll uses, assumes the standard page template and theme/CSS for TiddlyWiki and works around that. The problem is that the current TiddlyWiki page template layout is not very flexible. So you can easily add that plugin to Drift, but you will need to customize the CSS extensively and it is complex to wrap your head around at first, since its both responsive and uses macros to account for single story / dual story / no sidebar and sidebar combinations. In essence with some work, you could have that plugin in Drift, with an additional stylesheet to make the CSS work for your layout.

Regards,
Saq

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 3:09:32 AM5/8/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
re 2 columns: wow that sound way out of my league :(
2 things I've never understood CSS and Regex

thanks for the detailed response

Julio Peña

May 8, 2020, 10:17:10 AM5/8/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tony K and all,

@ Tony K: I must say that I really like how your work is progressing with Drift.

Yes, as Saq said, I ran a little experiment the lazy way; just
threw one tiddlywiki into another (mixing Stroll and Drift) to
see how the best of both worlds would look like:

When you first open it looks normal:

drift-001.png

When on clicks on the redirect(?) button...look below:

drift-002.png

But then when you clock on one of the boxes:

drift-003.png

Ouch...where did the button go?...see above.

All the best,
Julio

Saq Imtiaz

May 8, 2020, 11:16:15 AM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
@TonyK If you remind me in 2-3 weeks I may be able to help you with the CSS for integrating 2 stories.

Tony K

May 8, 2020, 3:49:13 PM5/8/20
to TiddlyWiki
if it is not too much to ask I sure will. I have more than enough to keep me busy a couple of weeks

much obliged thank you

Mohit Patel

May 9, 2020, 12:42:30 AM5/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
This looks great Tony. How do I move hundreds of Tiddlers (from my existing TW5 file) to drift?

Tony K

May 9, 2020, 1:28:00 AM5/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Mohit

you can simply drag and drop you current index.html over the browser in which you have drift open and unselect all system tiddlers

but please do take a backup before

Tony K

May 9, 2020, 5:16:04 PM5/9/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thread bump

Drift now supports interstitial journaling thanks to DailyNotes

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.0.16

This version brings another Roam functionality into Drift the one of interstitial journaling

change log of this version

v0.0.16 - 2020-05-10

Full change log and demo site https://akhater.github.io/drift/

Already running drift ?? you can update to v0.0.16 by installing DailyNotes plugin

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 11:24:38 AM5/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I've pulled in the crosslinks plugin to Stroll as I've already been testing out Stroll, but whenever I try to go to the freelinks tab when there are freelinks available, my tiddlywiki is freezing up and crashes. Do you know what I might need to do to try and solve this? I really liked the idea of freelinks so was excited to try :(

I'm not sure what information would help (sorry, don't know coding at all yet), I'm just using windows 10, google chrome, and pulled your plugins for daily journal and crosslinks into Stroll.

Thank you for your help!

Sarah

Tony K

May 10, 2020, 11:46:56 AM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Sooyoung

Stroll AFAIK has it's own backlink system included in it and it might be why you are having this issue.

I am sorry but I have not tried TWCrossLinks over Stroll so I am not sure how to help..

Maybe you can try TWCrossLinks on a blank version of TW5 and/or simply download the latest version of Drift and test and let me know if you still face the problem? I would be intrested to know if there is something freezing it up (maybe the size of your TW5) or simply an incompatibility between Stroll and TWCrossLinks

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 12:00:57 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
I'm also having trouble making only one of the backlinks show up in stroll, and I can't find a 'plugin' for how stroll is showing its backlinks.
My tiddlers now show both the plugin from Drift, as well as how Stroll shows backlinks, below the horizontal line. How could I disable Stroll's backlinks?

카카오페이지.155.png

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 12:03:42 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for such a quick reply! I tried importing it into the intro tiddlywiki page, and even with 50 freelinks, it does work there, so I guess it's not fully compatible with Stroll :(

Birthe C

May 10, 2020, 12:35:42 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
It is not a plugin, it is a couple of tiddlers, Look for tiddlers called something giffmex and ViewTemplate and be careful.
Start with a backup of your TW. Mind you, I have not tried it.

Tony K

May 10, 2020, 1:03:44 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Since you are using my plugins why not using drift instead of stroll ?

I am really sorry but I don't know how to help since I never tried my plugins on top of stroll

however, if you want, you can email me a copy of your TW and I can give it a try

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 2:02:46 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
I did consider trying Drift and importing stuff from my Stroll instead, but unfortunately I couldn't get some of the features I like from Stroll to work on Drift (e.g. Story view with 2 columns for tiddlers).

Thanks for offering to give it a try! For now I'll stick with the default features in Stroll for now as I learn my ways around TW some more and maybe some basic coding to help me understand all of this better!

Tony K

May 10, 2020, 2:10:34 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
yep I hear you, the 2 columns view in Strolll is, indeed, a winner :) too bad it is above my skill level

sorry again for not being able to help on this one

Saq Imtiaz

May 10, 2020, 2:36:09 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Sooyoung

Try the following.

Make a backup.

In Stroll delete the following tiddlers:
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refscontext
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refshidden
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refslinks
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refstranscludeclean
$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refstranscludecollapse
$:/.giffmex/sidebar/tabs/strollcontrols

This code should create a button that deletes these tiddlers for you.

<$button>delete references<$action-deletetiddler $filter="$:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refscontext $:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refshidden $:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refslinks $:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refstranscludeclean $:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/refstranscludecollapse $:/.giffmex/sidebar/tabs/strollcontrols"/></$button>

Then install Tony's plugin.

Cross your fingers and reload. :)
Hope this helps,
Saq

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 2:46:36 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
not at all, thank you for trying to help!

Sooyoung Cho

May 10, 2020, 2:48:22 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you, that definitely helped so that it just shows the crosslinks plugin!
Unfortunately there still seems to be compatibility issues as when there are freelinks available for a tiddler, it will crash when I try to go to it; no issue with clicking on the freelinks tab when there aren't any freelinks available. If you have any idea as to what might help with this, I'd really appreciate it!

But thank you even with your help to solve the issue with the double backlinks! That was great!

Saq Imtiaz

May 10, 2020, 3:03:30 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Sooyoung I don't think I can help more without looking at your file. If there is no sensitive data in it, feel free to reply to me privately and send me the file.

Otherwise, try making a copy of your TW and in the copy, delete everything with the tag stroll, and add the cross links plugin, to make sure it works with your data without Stroll. That way we can know for sure that the issue is incompatibility with stroll.

<$button>delete stroll<$action-deletetiddler $filter="[tag[stroll]]"/></$button>

Saq Imtiaz

May 12, 2020, 6:30:56 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Tony K:

I had a chance to look at Sooyoung's file. Even after removing everything related to stroll, the freelinks tab still freezes the browser but only on certain tiddlers.

@Sooyoung: Would it be OK if I send your modified file to Tony so he can try to figure out where the problem arises?

David Gifford

May 12, 2020, 6:46:41 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,

No need to say that 2 columns are above your skill level. They are just Saq's Stories plugin. You can just import it from Stroll. https://giffmex.org/stroll/stroll.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fsq%2FStories.

Enjoy.

Sooyoung Cho

May 12, 2020, 11:32:55 PM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
yes of course!

Tony K

May 13, 2020, 4:21:50 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Drift updated to 0.0.21

just a thread bump

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.0.21

Mainly minor tweak and plugins update

change log of this version

v0.0.21 - 2020-05-13

Sullevy Pan

May 13, 2020, 4:39:26 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
this is very nice work, I would like it can add two-pannel feature

在 2020年5月2日星期六 UTC+8上午7:37:50,Tony K写道:

Tony K

May 13, 2020, 4:49:18 AM5/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello David

thank you for that :)

I did try to just install the plugin unfortunately you don't want to see the result lol

I guess it is in relation to the theme and toolbar being on the left etc...

Tony K

May 14, 2020, 1:52:08 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Sullevy

unfortunately I don't know how to implement 2 panels feature

but hey make sure to check out Stroll which has it already

Tony K

May 14, 2020, 1:52:29 AM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thread bump for the update

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Full change log and demo site https://akhater.github.io/drift/

Already running drift ?? make sure to update to the latest version

selfire

May 15, 2020, 6:55:18 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Tony,

started using Drift a week ago and I am loving it. I'm on v0.0.16 still, what's the best way to upgrade? Just importing the plugins or downloading an empty and then importing my notes?

Tony K

May 15, 2020, 7:55:40 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello selfire

if you already running v0.0.16 then all you need to do it
  • Go to TWCrossLinks page and drag/drop to update your plugin
  • Go to Daily Notes page and drag/drop to update your plugin
  • Go to Changelog page drag drop the 2 macros [Spoiler & cross-list-draggable] (if you want them)
  • Go to control pannel -> Appearance -> Mono Tweaks -> and add the Daily Notes button to the top bar

Cheers

selfire

May 15, 2020, 8:42:06 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, all updated now!

Another question: I have been trying to use the relink feature to update the title of a tiddler that is being linked to. That created a new Tiddler with the renamed name but doesn't change the original link. Any idea on what might cause the issue?

Tony K

May 15, 2020, 8:45:46 AM5/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
when you try to rename it, if it cannot it shld show you a "warning" telling you that it won't be rename in the following tiddlers

do you have this?
There is a more advanced relink plugin at https://github.com/flibbles/tw5-relink but I didn't add it to Drift (yet?) you might want to take a look at it, I guess it will solve your issue

selfire

May 15, 2020, 10:25:40 AM5/15/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I looked a bit closer and indeed a prompt shows up. Before switching to Drift I used Blink and got very used to the automatic re-name. I will have a look at that plugin, thank you for sharing. I think including the advanced relinking might be a helpful functionality to have included in Drift, but your call. Thanks for the help!
Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 16.19.00.png

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 9:08:15 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Will sure look at it, it is on my todo list

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 9:08:52 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thread bump for update to v0.1.0

slowly getting better

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.1.0

The core of this update is that now Drift is packaged as a plugin, meaning that it will be easier for you to upgrade from here on

To update to v0.1.0 (from whatever version you have)  please read https://akhater.github.io/drift/#FAQ

Saq Imtiaz

May 18, 2020, 9:34:36 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
Regarding updating from the pre-plugin versions:

Maybe provide the code for a button that deletes all prefix $:/ak/drift - tiddlers before installing the plugin?
You just need a button and an action-deletetiddler widget. The latter accepts a filter to determine what to delete (use the prefix operator).

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 10:12:48 AM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
I didn't think about that :S

Tony K

May 18, 2020, 1:44:39 PM5/18/20
to TiddlyWiki
For anyone who didn't upgrade yet this is what Saq suggested

<$list filter="[prefix[$:/ak/drift/]]" />

<$button>
<$action-deletetiddler $filter="[prefix[$:/ak/drift/]]" />
Delete All
</$button><br>

add a tiddler and run it before installing the plugin

Tony K

May 25, 2020, 3:00:01 PM5/25/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thread bump for v0.2.0

Drift now supports "side-by-side" tiddlers where you can "pin" a tiddler to the side bar and view it in parallel to the others

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 2:37:50 AM UTC+3, Tony K wrote:
Drift is now updated to v0.2.0

Drift now has a "side-by-side" option to pin a tiddler to view it aside another one.

it is not as elegant as a 2-stories feature but, while waiting for Saq to find time to assist this hack will do

波普

Jun 21, 2020, 6:06:21 PM6/21/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi, Tony

I want the sidebar to show on the right. What should I do?

Thanks!

在 2020年5月26日星期二 UTC+8上午3:00:01,Tony K写道:

casey.d...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 6:24:54 PM7/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey Tony.
Loving the plugin. I ran into one issue though I wondered if I could get help with.

When using the markdown file type, the bulleted items are off by a large amount. They appear nicely when using the standard tiddly format. Is there any way to resolve this easily?
87063808-7053f780-c1d4-11ea-823b-c6c0b7a82128.png

john roland

Jul 15, 2020, 10:04:53 PM7/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Casey,

I found that this helped me with bullet spacing issues for the markdown plugin in recent versions of TiddlyWiki, and I think it must address the issue you’re seeing too in Drift because markdown bullet lists appear fine for me: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/4592

Hope it helps!

John

Tony K

Jul 16, 2020, 4:46:14 AM7/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
sorry 在

that comes with the theme I picked (Mono) maybe try another one ?

Tony K

Jul 16, 2020, 5:34:47 AM7/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Casey,

I think i've managed to fix this please allow me some time and I will release an update

Tony K

Jul 16, 2020, 6:18:31 AM7/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Update released, v0.3.0 should fix it

I would appreciate your feedback after testing it

casey.d...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2020, 12:58:36 PM7/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
John,

Your fix ended up working beautifully for me.

Tony, I will download the update and give a test for you as well though this weekend.

Thank you all for the quick responses.

casey.d...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2020, 2:49:12 PM7/17/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,

Kind of a dumb question. How do I update?

Tony K

Jul 19, 2020, 3:19:34 AM7/19/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Casey

which version of drift are you currently running? if you are on v0.1.0 or later drift now is a plugin and you update it just like any other plugin or by downloading and installing https://github.com/akhater/akhater.github.io/blob/master/drift/%24__ak_drift.json directly on your TW

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 28, 2020, 12:19:45 PM7/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
JD has just posted an update to the mono theme for compatibility with the Stories plugin:

kebi

Aug 12, 2020, 11:13:43 AM8/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony, I noticed that the site is really responsive on mobile.
What did you change from the original mono theme to make it look good on mobile??

Regards,
Kebi

Naveen Roy Vikkram

Jan 21, 2021, 10:25:56 AM1/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi there,
I'm a new tiddlywiki user trying to make sense of Drift. How do I add backlinks? Clicking on edit seems to show a field called "tmap.id", but where do I get this ID from in order to specify the backlinks? Sorry if this is a really silly question.

On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 10:05:20 AM UTC+3, Petruschka wrote:
Hello TonyK

Thanks for Sharing Drift here.

Some questions:

* Don't we already had backlinks?
* Are you planning to make it a plugin?
* Could you may explain a bit what is so extraordinary for you to have this kind of feature? I am really interested what possibilities are in here that I can't see and that we already have two projects (TiddlyBlink and yours) around this functionality.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

David Gifford

Jan 21, 2021, 10:50:57 AM1/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi navee...

You add links to tiddlers to other tiddlers. They show up as backlinks to the former tiddlers within the latter tiddlers.

So you don't add backlinks in Drift. They automatically get added as you create links in the tiddlers.

hexa...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 10:50:59 PM7/26/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony K,

Thank you for your great work!

But it seems that there is a little bug about UTF8 character or other reason I dont know.

Like this:

QQ截图20210727104207.png

If I use a tiddler title in Chinese, then it can be searched by "references" but cannot be shown in "freelink"(just one "backlink").