[TW5] My new poject on Tiddlywiki and my new questions...

sini-Kit

Sep 27, 2016, 3:53:35 PM9/27/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi! I use TW5 as CMS for making sites (on-line stores, blogs and so on) and today I start new project http://design4shop.ru/ (http://design4shop.ru/heeg.html)
this site is about design of off-line non-food stores. I want to make a great collection of shops from all over the world and attach to them some fields with parameters: style, size, color, type.... so peple can select shop they like very fast.

I have a great number of folders with pictures. Each folder contain 3-10 photos for each shop. So my first proble was to use many  EXTERNAL photos with "alt" tag and some info about this photo, and my second problem was to take titles of folders, automatically make shop tiddlers with this titles and   automatically attach (by tag) external photos from problem 1. The only way I found was EXCEL . I download simple macros which make table with files and path to them. then using excel formulas  prepare TW5 table, export it to html file, and then import this file to my TW5 site. This variant saved me lots of time, but may be it is possible to use node.js for this purposes?

The next my idea was, that if TW5 will have more easy mechanism of working with many external pictures, it can be a good CMS for different collectors of coins, stamps or art. This people can save photos of their coins with different parameters. For example: gold, 18 century, Russia, and some text about this coin. And using filters + checkboxes (or search) quickly find photo in their collection. TW5 can become a kind of  personal catalog for collectors.

Tobias Beer

Sep 28, 2016, 4:02:28 PM9/28/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi sini-Kit,

Some really sophisticated work you did there. Thinking of Danielo's recent post wishing for a more mobile friendly, responsive design, at least for purely presentational purposes, your site scales rather well.

Quite unfortunate that the inner workings / workflows of yours remain more or less undisclosed, at least to those w/ limited Russian language skills, it appears.

Best wishes,

Tobias.
Message has been deleted

Hegart Dmishiv

Oct 3, 2016, 6:16:17 PM10/3/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi sini-Kit,

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 08:53:35 UTC+13, sini-Kit wrote:
So my first proble was to use many  EXTERNAL photos with "alt" tag and some info about this photo, and my second problem was to take titles of folders, automatically make shop tiddlers with this titles and   automatically attach (by tag) external photos from problem 1.
The next my idea was, that if TW5 will have more easy mechanism of working with many external pictures, it can be a good CMS for different collectors of coins, stamps or art. This people can save photos of their coins with different parameters. For example: gold, 18 century, Russia, and some text about this coin. And using filters + checkboxes (or search) quickly find photo in their collection. TW5 can become a kind of  personal catalog for collectors.

Have you thought of using an external image-hosting site, such as Flickr or Pinterest, to host your photos, then, using IFTTT, you can automatically generate the *.tid files for importing in bulk into your wiki. This is a method we learned about during the {{DesignWrite}} course. Here's a link to the workshop video about it.

Hope this helps,

Hegart.

Mark S.

Oct 3, 2016, 7:31:55 PM10/3/16
to TiddlyWiki
Currently you can not drag a file to TW5 and have it create a canonical URI. That would be wonderful.

But you can use the local clip mode in tiddlyclip (http://tiddlyclip.tiddlyspot.com/). Then, in a separate tab, you can browse your file structure and images. Right click on the image you want, and select the method how you want it clipped, and it gets inserted into your TW file. You can set up your own clipping options, so files will get tagged the way you want as you clip.

HTH,
Mark

sini-Kit

Oct 4, 2016, 3:20:46 PM10/4/16
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you  Mark! But now I have 327 [type[image/jpeg]] external images in my project design4shop.ru . in future this base will contain 10000+ images and I don't  add them manual one by one. I want to have opportunity to rename folders with pictures and add info and alt tags to groups of images (one shop has several images) I think it is possible to make it only using BIG external tables.  I like that TW5 have internal base, and I think it is a good idea, but tw5 can have some external independent instruments  to work with it like with data base. Excel is not the best program for it.....

Mark S.

Oct 5, 2016, 12:04:07 AM10/5/16
to TiddlyWiki
Based on stuff I made for importing Bible texts and Shakespeare, I think it would be possible write a routine that would convert either a CSV table (in a tiddler) or maybe entries in a data dictionary directly into canonical URI tiddlers. Or maybe that's what you're already doing?

Mark

sini-Kit

Oct 6, 2016, 12:16:47 AM10/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
Now I have 3 excel files. 1. with images 2. with tiddlers 3. table collecting path to images from folders on my PC

All this files contain macros.  This macros converts this table to tiddlywiki format and put this file to temp folder on C:\temp

This files I attach to this post.

среда, 5 октября 2016 г., 7:04:07 UTC+3 пользователь Mark S. написал:
heeg-SHOPS.xlsm
макрос файлы.xlsm
heeg-shop-items.xlsm