Newbie - Email to TW?

DAT

Sep 15, 2020, 2:03:18 PM9/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Is there a way to email to TW and
1. If a tiddler with the subject name doesn't exist it creates one with the content of the email
2. If a tiddler does exits it appeands the content to the existing tiddler

Tks
Dave

TW Tones

Sep 15, 2020, 7:00:11 PM9/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
Dave,

I am sure you could get this end result but as tiddlywiki is not itself an email server or client other components would be required.

Your requirements
1. If a tiddler with the subject name doesn't exist it creates one with the content of the email
2. If a tiddler does exits it appeands the content to the existing tiddler

Could also apply to any source of content for tiddlers, from CSV to excel,  JSON and XML

Manual import

If however rather  than fully automate this and perhaps copy and pasting, or exporting then importing and email via a file.
  • The there are a lot of things we could do to simplify or partially automate such a process
If you can provide more details about what kind of wiki file/server, or setup you have or plan perhaps others can help.
  • what setup you have a desktop or you want to automate on a server,
  • What is your source of emails? eg client or email server
  • where do the emails come from your inbox or the internet via smtp...?
If you have a deep experience with node there are a range of things you can install into node to act as a server and process connections,
  • perhaps even reformat emails for easy import to a wiki.
Regards
Tones

Mat

Sep 16, 2020, 4:15:23 AM9/16/20
to TiddlyWiki

That would in deed be cool and I'm sure it would be possible to set up something like that but it would take a lot of fiddling. One thing I will look in to when I have time (and other TW projects are finished) is Siniy-Kit's description for how to use Google Sheets as a backend for TW. There are also techniques to capture gmail messages in Google Sheets. So, combining these two should possibly enable what you ask for.... after hours and hours of fiddling ;-)

<:-)