Announcement:Utility plugin
Date: Mar 16th, 2020
Release: 2.0.0

The new update has a much better admin panel (afterward it is called author panel). Try Ctrl+Alt+A shortcut.

Simple author/reader mode switch using Ctrl+Alt+L. Give a try :-)
The new Disable Drop Zone is used and in the reader mode, it does not accept import by drag and drop

Read the tutorial to get familiar with different features of TW-Utility

Your feedback is highly welcome.

History

Revision 2.0.0

  • Date: [16th Mar 2020]
  • [NEW] Admin mode changed to Author mode
  • [NEW] Shoutcut added to simply and seemlesly switch author-reader mode using ctrl+alt+L
  • [NEW] Disable page drop zone added to author/reader mode

For all changes see ChangeLog

Your feedback is highly welcome.
If you like it star it at GitHub (https://github.com/kookma/TW-Utility)

-- Mohammad

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月16日 12:08:162020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
If you like to install TW-Utility you can have Kookma plugin library in your wiki.
Simply download attached tiddler and drag and drop into your wiki!
Then like Official Plugins, go to $:/ConrolPanel, Plugins, Get more plugin
and then select Kookma Plugin Library and from the list install or reinstall Utility

Good luck
Kookma Plugin Library.tid

Birthe C

未读,
2020年3月16日 15:33:302020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

Really nice. But when I used the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+L, my screen blacked out. I found that I was logged out of linux Mint at had to login again.
Out of author mode for sure ;-)

Birthe

Chris Fischer

未读,
2020年3月16日 16:04:302020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Maybe I've missed something obvious. How do I prevent others from switch to Author mode? I've implemented a crude version of this on my own with a password entry tiddler setting a data tiddler:

<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/_secret" $value=""/>

<$edit-text
tiddler="$:/_secret"
default=""
tag="input"
type="password"
placeholder="enter secret here..."/>

And then updating a bunch of core/UI items that I don't want displayed if the password isn't entered correctly:

Example: $:/core/ui/Buttons/delete
<$reveal type="match" state="$:/_secret" text="the_secret_password">
<$button message="tm-delete-tiddler" tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/Delete/Hint}} aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/Delete/Caption}} class=<
<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$list filter="[
<tv-config-toolbar-icons>match[yes]]">
{{$:/core/images/delete-button}}
</$list>
<$list filter="[
<tv-config-toolbar-text>match[yes]]">
</$list>
</$button>
</$reveal>

But this method has me editing lots of core tiddlers (which scares me and makes updates challenging).

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月16日 16:53:272020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Birthe,
 Change the shortcuts, I tested on Windows and it works. Let me know if it works.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月16日 16:57:372020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Chris,
 Thank for sharing. Actually what I proposed in TW-Utility is just hiding elements for readers not familiar with TW and they need wiki to read it like a software tutorial.
I think from security point of view it has no effects.

--Mohammad

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月16日 17:00:032020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Birthe
Here https://shortcutworld.com/Linux-Mint/linux/Linux-Mint_Shortcuts it says ctrl+alt+l lock the session :-) on Linux Mint :-) :-)

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 11:03:30 PM UTC+3:30, Birthe C wrote:

Birthe C

未读,
2020年3月16日 19:23:582020/3/16
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,
Ctrl+Alt+A works, Ctrl+Alt+L locks the screen. I tried Ctrl+Alt +R instead and that works for the toggle.

Birthe

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月17日 00:40:362020/3/17
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Birthe
In the next update I will add a note for Linux users.

Thanks for sharing.

--Mohammad

Sylvain Naudin

未读,
2020年3月17日 14:10:522020/3/17
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Great Mohammad !

Your read/write mode is very well packaged !
Really like you find solution for dropzone (I'll see your another thread to know). It was the last thing I've need for my own system read only.

Cheers,
Sylvain

Mohammad

未读,
2020年3月23日 10:27:532020/3/23
收件人 TiddlyWiki
Announcement:Utility plugin
Date: Mar 16th, 2020
Release: 2.1.0

The new update covers the recent TW 5.1.22pre feature for disable drag and drop globally

Install:
 If you have Kookma Plugin Library installed, simply open it and reinstall the new release. If you don't have it just download attached .tid
and drop into your wiki and follow the instruction below.

Do Not Star It, If You Do Not Like it :-)

--Mohammad

Utility Plugin

23rd March 2020 at 12:21am
start

Tiddlywiki5.1.19+

LicenseMIT

Release2.1.0

Statusstable

What is Utility plugin?

Utility plugin The utility plugin objective is to provide set of tools for developers and authors. These tools includes simple transclusions, show raw contents of tiddlers, author tools, wikitext macros, show fields in view mode, ...

Tutorials

The Utility Tutorial is the starting point to learn more about plugin features, help, demo and examples. See below for online pages.

Install

From the below three methods for installing utility pluging, select any suitable method you like.

I. Use plugin library

The simplest method is to have the Kookma Plugin Library which acts exactly like Official Plugin Library

  1. Drag and drop $:/config/KookmaPluginLibrary into your wiki
  2. Open $:/ControlPanelPlugins tab and the click on big button Get more plugins
  3. Click open library under Kookma Plugin Library
  4. Find utility and click install, or reinstall if you update utility
  5. Save and reload your wiki
II. Standalone configuration

Follow these instructions when using Tiddlywiki as a standalone HTML file:

  1. Drag and drop $:/plugins/kookma/utility into your wiki
  2. Save and reload your wiki
III. Client-Server configuration

Follow these instructions when using Tiddlywiki under Node.js:

  1. Download the utility folder and put it in your Tiddlywiki plugins folder
    • To download you can go to https://github.com/kookma/TW-Utility, and click on Clone or download
    • After downloaing the source code, take the plugin from source folder and copy and paste it into your Tiddlywiki plugins folder
  2. Quit the server if it is running
  3. Add it to your wiki of choice
    1. Edit the tiddlywiki.info file (it is in JSON format) and locate the plugins section (see below)
    2. Add entries corresponding to the plugins you wish to add. Here add utility
    3. Take care to retain commas to separate items, but do not terminate the last item in a list with a comma
  4. Restart the server

{
	"plugins": [
		"tiddlywiki/codemirror",
		"utility"
	],
	"themes": [
		"tiddlywiki/vanilla",
		"tiddlywiki/snowwhite"
	],
    "languages": [
        "en-EN"
    ]
}

For local installation under Node.js,
i. quit the server if it is runing,
ii. put the utility folder into your local plugins folder under your wiki folder,
iii. restart the server.

Code and demo

It is highly recommended to backup your data before trying any new plugin! Do it before installing utility.

More information

History

Revision 2.1.0

  • Date: [22nd Mar 2020]
  • [NEW] output format for fields macro in simple transclusion. The format uses borderless table.
  • [NEW] disable drag and drop globally from TW 5.1.22pre

For all changes see ChangeLog

Acknowledgement

  • Jeremy Ruston
  • Ton Gerner