Use Tiddlywiki to make a blog

Didier BRETIN

May 24, 2011, 7:38:40 AM5/24/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I would like to make a try to create a blog by using tiddlywiki. I
searched in this group to find some examples of such blogs, and I
don't find some recent messages about this.

I don't want to use tiddlyspace, I would like a simple tiddlywiki file
with blog features:
- articles
- tags
- saw the last X articles

Do you know some examples of this ?

Regards.
--
Didier

kev

May 24, 2011, 7:47:01 AM5/24/11
to TiddlyWiki
Here's mine - http://wikis.healthwealthandmusic.co.uk/keithrichardson/homepage.html.

A TW blog should be perfect but it isn't because it won't get indexed
properly by Google because of all the Javascript that wraps around the
text. If you want a blog that other people will find you need to use
one of the blog sites. Tiddlywiki's coding hides a lot of content from
Google. I've had that "blog" uploaded and added to Google sitefinder
pages for years now and most of the content is invisible. Sadly. I use
it because it is so useful to me.

hatgem

May 24, 2011, 8:24:09 AM5/24/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I have one at http://www.michlaw.net/courtrules.html and a Tiddlyspot one at http://www.yclipse.com

The most challenging thing was figuring out how to present the most recently-created item first. There should be a plugin or macro that would allow for display of the last one (or three, or five) items tagged with a certain tag, but I have not found one. What I do at the yclipse site is specify the item called Current as the default tiddler, and then manually rename Current to the date it was created, then create a new journal item and call it Current.

Eric Shulman

May 24, 2011, 8:42:25 AM5/24/11
to TiddlyWiki
> I would like to make a try to create a blog by using tiddlywiki. I
> searched in this group to find some examples of such blogs, and I
> don't find some recent messages about this.

Try this TiddlyTools QuickStart(tm) document:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/quickstart/tiddlyblog.html

My TiddlyBlog:
http://lumpymilk.tiddlyspot.com

An index of other QuickStart documents:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/quickstart/

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios
----------
Was this answer useful? If so, please help support TiddlyTools:

TiddlyTools direct contributions: (paypal)
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donate
UnaMesa tax-deductible contributions:
http://about.unamesa.org/Participate (paypal)
TiddlyWiki consulting:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ELSDesignStudios
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact

rakugo

May 24, 2011, 12:34:45 PM5/24/11
to TiddlyWiki

On May 24, 1:24 pm, hatgem <hat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one athttp://www.michlaw.net/courtrules.htmland a Tiddlyspot one athttp://www.yclipse.com.
>
> The most challenging thing was figuring out how to present the most
> recently-created item first. There should be a plugin or macro that would
> allow for display of the last one (or three, or five) items tagged with a
> certain tag, but I have not found one

No need for a plugin for this with the latest version of TiddlyWiki.
If you tag everything you want to display "blog" then
In DefaultTiddlers add the text:
[tag[blog]][sort[-modified]][limit[5]]

Easy as that!
Jon

rakugo

May 24, 2011, 12:38:14 PM5/24/11
to TiddlyWiki
Note the latest version of TiddlyWiki is available on:
http://tiddlyspace.com

Something like:
http://lottie.tiddlyspace.com/
is setup especially for the purpose of blogging.

On May 24, 5:34 pm, rakugo <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 24, 1:24 pm, hatgem <hat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have one athttp://www.michlaw.net/courtrules.htmlanda Tiddlyspot one athttp://www.yclipse.com.

hatgem

May 24, 2011, 6:07:08 PM5/24/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I found that it works under version 2.6.1, except that the limit function is not recognized.

passingby

May 25, 2011, 10:37:23 PM5/25/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Eric for his documents on tiddlytools.
I using tiddlyblog document from tiddlytools for writing my personal daily journal. The pop-up list under the 'entries' link in the story menu shows the journal entries in alphabetical order. So does the list in the left sidebar. Is it possible to have a list displayed in chronological sequence based on creation date of the tiddlers?

rakugo

May 26, 2011, 4:25:24 AM5/26/11
to TiddlyWiki
@hatgem: The limit filter was added in version 2.6.2
available at:
http://tiddlywiki.com/empty.html

Worth an upgrade for!

Yakov

May 26, 2011, 8:10:18 AM5/26/11
to TiddlyWiki
I think if you want to use TW as a blog, for better navigation you
should try the engine from [1] which is based on fET ([2]) and allows
to show a bunch of entries -- latest N, with ability to scroll to
previous/next N; and also SinglePageModePlugin ([3]; I mean that the
engine from [1] should be in your MainMenu). I believe this would make
a better feel of blog.

Anyway, let us see, how it goes.

[1] http://nanowiki.info/m/
[2] http://tiddlywiki.abego-software.de/#ForEachTiddlerPlugin
[3] http://www.tiddlytools.com/#SinglePageModePlugin

kev

May 26, 2011, 3:41:57 PM5/26/11
to TiddlyWiki
But have any of your blogs been successfully indexed by Google? Maybe
a server version rather than a peronal one does get indexed?

Tobias Beer

May 27, 2011, 3:09:16 PM5/27/11
to TiddlyWiki
The problem is not with TiddlyWiki being lokal or serverside... it's
with it being javascript driven and thus somewhat inaccessible or at
least bloated when it comes to a google-bot trying to look at it.
Unfortunately, there are no adapters for such bots to properly index
rendered tiddlers, rather than somewhat obscure tiddler-wiki-markup,
if the bot actually get's to that.

Cheers, Tobias.

tiddlygrp

May 27, 2011, 3:53:32 PM5/27/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

there are some (old) plugins which address google indexing and
searchability:

- seo plugin (last seen on bih.net)
- tiddly templating
- jtw publish plugin

Especially the seo plugin in an easy, but not optimal solution.

cheers,

tiddlygrp