Get a macros overview like this!

Mat

Jul 4, 2020, 1:07:46 PM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
He that is without forgotten locally defined macros, cast the first stone!

OH you fools! Here's so you don't have to look like bloody nincompoops the next time we need to stone someone:

<$list filter="""[all[tiddlers]!has[plugin-type]!tag[$:/tags/Macro]search[\define]]""">
<$list filter="[
<currentTiddler>get[text]splitregexp[\n]removeprefix[\define]splitbefore[(]removesuffix[(]]">
<$view field=title/>
</$list>
</$list>

Modify that first filter if you want to see shadow tiddler macros, etc.

<:-)

Jon

Jul 4, 2020, 4:48:29 PM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Although I can't appreciate the code, I can appreciate the humour!

clutterstack

Jul 4, 2020, 5:05:41 PM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki

Mat

Jul 4, 2020, 5:07:13 PM7/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hehe, thanks Jon. The code simply makes a table listing available macros that are not in explicit macro tiddlers. I should probably have made it so that it instead does list macros from explicit macro tiddlers and also macros in plugins. This way you'll find a lot of macros that you probably didn't know about but can actually use (even if it is unlikely that many are useful in other contexts). It is a really simple modification to see these though, just change the first filter to instead be;

filter="""[all[tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/Macro]search[\define]]"""

 <:-)

clutterstack

Jul 7, 2020, 9:39:21 PM7/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
I made this into a couple of tabs in my "dashboard" to find global macro definitions, in shadow tiddlers and in non-shadow tiddlers respectively. Nice when I want to remember what I called a macro and/or where I put it. Thanks!