Query: Could The Regex Tool In Tiddler Commander Have A Standalone Version?

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 1, 2020, 3:53:39 AM6/1/20
to TiddlyWiki
The Regex tool in Tiddler Commander is powerful. Very flexible.

I'm wondering IF it could be a tool in its own right ... Like ...

<<tc-regex [a filter]>>

Mohammad, any thought?

TT

Mohammad

Jun 3, 2020, 7:29:14 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 12:23:39 PM UTC+4:30, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
The Regex tool in Tiddler Commander is powerful. Very flexible.

I'm wondering IF it could be a tool in its own right ... Like ...

<<tc-regex [a filter]>>

Do you mean to have separate plugin for regex? or be able to call the UI from any tiddler?

Mohammad, any thought?

TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 3, 2020, 8:46:01 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Mohammad

I'm thinking it a great support tool to Mark's NotoWritely and other tools too that use filtering.

TBH I'm not sure if it can be done through a simple call to TC. I'll test it and get back to you soon.

TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 3, 2020, 11:55:07 AM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Just FYI, I downloaded v. 2.1.0 on the assignment.

The documentation is brilliant in https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/# v. 2.1.0.

But its not so clear HOW you actually start it!!! LOL :-)

Just a comment.

TT

Mohammad

Jun 3, 2020, 5:03:15 PM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT,

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 8:25:07 PM UTC+4:30, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Just FYI, I downloaded v. 2.1.0 on the assignment.

The documentation is brilliant in https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/# v. 2.1.0.

But its not so clear HOW you actually start it!!! LOL :-)

Saq Imtiaz

Jun 3, 2020, 5:11:31 PM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
Spiffy docs indeed!

Michael Manti

Jun 3, 2020, 7:18:30 PM6/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
FYI--While the tutorial is mostly quite good at explaining the plugin's capabilities, I don't think it tells you 1. that TW-Commander adds a button to the sidebar and 2. that pressing the button opens TW-Commander. I had the same issue as TT at first. That issue was compounded by the fact that the button wasn't showing in Quine until I closed and opened the app. I discovered that I had installed TW-Commander correctly by accident when I asked myself, "What does that button resembling a document do?" Then I realized what was going on. As a newb, I hadn't gotten used to probing TW to find stuff yet, so I was lost. Given TW-Commander's power, maybe that's a good thing.

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 4, 2020, 1:29:26 PM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
That is EXACTLY the issue.

The documentation is really, really Good, but its gives no indication the button you need to press to actually start Commander!

TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 4, 2020, 1:41:14 PM6/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Mohammad
Do you mean to have separate plugin for regex? or be able to call the UI from any tiddler?

I looked at the issue. Actually I think I can do it without needing a separate plugin.

But I want to be able to transclude SNR only and manipulate the SNR settings of TC.

I am working on an example so you can see what I mean & why its a Good idea to develop macros that help do that.

As soon as I can.

Best wishes
TT

Mohammad

Jun 4, 2020, 2:39:28 PM6/4/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all,

 Yes, I confirm the tutorial does not tell anything about how open the commander nor about the button added to page controls!
  I will address these issues and push a new update!

 Sorry for inconvenience!

--Mohammad

Mohammad

Jun 4, 2020, 2:50:02 PM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT,
 I may recommend the simple version of SNR found here: https://github.com/kookma/SNR
 This repo has not been updated for 15 months as it has been merged into Tiddler-Commander
  But it has most the features you like and it is much more simpler.

  It can also be called from any tiddler.

--Mohammad

Michael Manti

Jun 4, 2020, 3:26:11 PM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the great plug-ins!

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 2:39:28 PM UTC-4, Mohammad wrote:
Thanks you all,

Mohammad

Jun 4, 2020, 3:56:04 PM6/4/20
to TiddlyWiki
Michael,
 Feedback always help to improve! Many thanks for your feedback and please let me know if there is any issue to be addressed in new update!

--Mohammad

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 5, 2020, 2:56:23 AM6/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:

 Feedback always help to improve! Many thanks for your feedback and please let me know if there is any issue to be addressed in new update!

 Ciao Mohammed

I think there is a bug in Regex Diff Setting

The <<snr-difftext-cleanup>> macro does not seem to be active in it.

Best wishes
TT

Mohammad

Jun 5, 2020, 3:32:46 AM6/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT,
 I will have a look and back to you

--Mohammad

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 5, 2020, 12:15:16 PM6/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad wrote:

 Feedback always help to improve! Many thanks for your feedback and please let me know if there is any issue to be addressed in new update!

Ciao Mohammed

I can't see in Commander an easy way to change Content Type.

It would be very useful to me if that were possible.

Here is a use case ...

You import a text document, work on it in SNR, split it into many parts, when finished you need to change many Tiddlers from type "text/plain" to "text/vnd.tiddlywiki".
Currently I have to do it manually.

Just a comment.

Very best wishes
TT

Mohammad

Jun 5, 2020, 11:13:15 PM6/5/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TT

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 8:45:16 PM UTC+4:30, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

 Feedback always help to improve! Many thanks for your feedback and please let me know if there is any issue to be addressed in new update!

Ciao Mohammed

I can't see in Commander an easy way to change Content Type.

1. Filter tiddlers
2. Open Field tab
3. Open Set Field Value
4.From Field Name select Type
5. In the Field Value enter type ContentType

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 6, 2020, 3:35:24 AM6/6/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you!