How to solve the online and offline use of TiddlyWiki?

bimlas

May 29, 2020, 5:41:29 PM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
If I have a wiki that I basically want to store in the cloud so that I can easily access it on my phone or at work and keep the changes in sync (online use), there are several options: GitHub and GitLab saver, Node.js based savers, etc.

If I had to use the wiki without internet access, I had no choice but to back up the online wiki to a storage medium (e.g. a USB stick) or sync the local file with my other devices via a service like Dropbox.

As far as I know, the Node.js server prints an error as soon as I go offline. If the wiki is available on GitLab or GitHub and I visit the website on my phone and keeping the browser open, so I can read offline while it remains in the cache, but it disappears after a while (the browser hibernates after a while to save battery power), thus all my changes are lost.

Is there a solution outside of Dropbox that allows me to use the wiki online and offline? So to make my offline changes appear in the online version when I connect to the internet again?

Damon Pritchett

May 29, 2020, 5:47:32 PM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have my TW in Microsoft OneDrive which works similarly to Dropbox. I’ve been doing this for a couple of years now without any issues.

h0p3

May 29, 2020, 7:24:10 PM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Resilio Sync + TW5-Bob + Zerotier VPN gives remote access to the webserver and a local sync of the .tid files.

TonyM

May 30, 2020, 4:13:00 AM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Bimlas

This is my plan. Host a wiki with tw reciever on php host. Activate local storage plugin save to disk and disconnect. Reconect with data available from my mobile and local storage working use in the browser. If reboot occurs return to online and load again with local storage restored. Save online when opportunity occurs by if loose network should be ok in browser.

When home office connect mobile to internet save tiddler to server and open on desktop.

Tw reciver should protect from overwrite but I plan to add additional features for safety and backup changes not wiki on each device.