FileSystemPaths: Some filters work better than others

Leander

May 29, 2020, 6:24:01 PM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
I'm trying to configure tiddler file naming in $:/config/FileSystemPaths and I've ran into the following issue: If I use
[[memes]tagging[]addprefix[memes/]]
the following happens: If I create a tiddler asdf tagged memes and then a tiddler named qwer also tagged memes, the folder memes/ then contains the files asdf.tid and asdf_1.tid, but the latter is actually the tiddler qwer.

[tag[memes]addprefix[memes/]]
works fine. These filters should be equivalent and do produce the same output. I tried
[tag[memes]sort[]addprefix[memes/]]
to see if it's a sorting issues like with indexes[] but that works. I also tried
[[memes]tagging[]get[title]addprefix[memes/]]
because I thought it might have to do with the currentTiddler variable (see here, something about that should be in the documentation btw), but that doesn't work either. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I want to use this to file away not only tiddlers tagged memes, but also a layer deeper, ideally using something like
memes [tag[memes]] +[tagging[]addprefix[memes/]]
is there another way to do this?

Joshua Fontany

May 29, 2020, 8:37:14 PM5/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Leander,

You may be running into a bug that I identified where after boot, or after saving a tiddler for the first time, the wiki stores that file-path as its location on disk and does not update it if the tiddler in-memory changes enough to be filed differently according to $:/config/FileSystemPaths.

This has been reported and a fix proposed here: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/4630

Best,
Joshua F

Leander

May 30, 2020, 8:43:16 AM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hey, I actually saw that but wasn't entirely sure if it was connected, I just don't now enough about the internals to tell. Everything above was replicated with a server reboot after editing $:/config/FileSystemPaths and newly created tiddlers, so it seemed different, but who knows. I'm definitely looking forward to the fix, it looks promising!

Joshua Fontany

May 30, 2020, 6:47:36 PM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Yeah, you've uncovered a very odd behaviour, I'm not 100% sure its related either. I am working on customizing tiddler ViewTemplates at the momemt, but have this on my todo list to test around. Thanks!

Best,
Joshua Fontany