Is there some way I can wikify a htmltable with textentries to be able to print both?

Måns

Apr 1, 2009, 5:11:06 PM4/1/09
to TiddlyWiki
Hi
I've been experimenting a lot lately interchanging <data>text</data>
with fields - making custom View- and EditTemplates for my TWs with
inline forms and so on.

I've learned a lot of new approaches to fullfill the same task -
gathering data and rendering text on the "Viewside of a tiddler"...

Now I'm back where I started again.. with my new tools - but with the
same old problem.
I know now that I cannot put my beloved htmlformtemplate in the
EditTemplate to input data - to see it rendered/wikified in viewmode -
and that's ok...
I am quite satisfied with the ability to input data directly into a
tiddler via the htmlformtemplate in viewmode -
--BUT--
I still can't print the resulting table with snapshotplugin - I only
get the empty template - and loose the textentries I've made.(Only
from the printouts of course..)

How can I print the tiddler as it looks with text in the htmltable?
Do I have to make a workaround - making a new tiddler with a fET-table
to collect the data and show them in a wikified manner - to be able to
print it?? (This way I loose the htmlformlayout...)

I'm sure there must be a solution where I can get a print of it all..
(Please don't tell me that I have to make screenshots)...
Btw. this time it's twabs <<ContactsFormTemplate>> (with tabs) I'm
trying to print...

YS Måns Mårtensson

Eric Shulman

Apr 1, 2009, 5:25:21 PM4/1/09
to TiddlyWiki
> I am quite satisfied with the ability to input data directly into a
> tiddler via the htmlformtemplate in viewmode -
> I still can't print the resulting table with snapshotplugin - I only
> get the empty template - and loose the textentries I've made.(Only
> from the printouts of course..)
>
> How can I print the tiddler as it looks with text in the htmltable?

If I understand your description correctly, you are trying to take a
snapshot (using TiddlyTools' SnapshotPlugin) of a tiddler that
displays and embedded HTML form in view mode, but the form fields
(text, textareas, checkboxes, etc.) aren't retaining their current
values when viewed/printed in the snapshot.

Is this an accurate summary of the problem?

-e

Måns

Apr 1, 2009, 5:37:01 PM4/1/09
to TiddlyWiki
Exactly!!

Måns

Apr 1, 2009, 5:58:18 PM4/1/09
to TiddlyWiki
I might add that I'm only using the "print function" and never
"snapshot(to file)" because the latter doesn't support special
characters like æ, ø and å (which are frequently used charcters in
danish)

YS Måns Mårtensson