How to always show preview pane?

talha131

Dec 25, 2018, 8:40:52 AM12/25/18
to TiddlyWiki
Currently, when I edit a tiddler, after I have refreshed the TW, I have to click on "Show Preview Pane". Once enabled, it is automatically shown for all the subsequent tiddlers.

But how do I enable Preview Pane to shown all the time?

Secondly, is it possible to disable this "automatically show preview pane", if the width is less than some width in pixels?

Thanks

talha131

Jan 2, 2019, 8:21:56 AM1/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TW community. Any idea on how can I show preview pane by default?

Ton Gerner

Jan 2, 2019, 12:18:10 PM1/2/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi talha131,

When you have preview enabled, the tiddler $:/config/TextEditor/EnableToolbar contains yes.
After saving the preview stays enabled.

If you want to toggle editor toolbar and/of preview on/off easily, you can use $:/_toggle-editor-toolbar_preview available at http://tongerner.tiddlyspot.com/ (look under the tab code 'tiddlers').

Cheers,

Ton

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

talha131

Jan 13, 2019, 11:30:49 AM1/13/19
to TiddlyWiki
(I don't know why my messages are getting deleted.)

Thank you Ton for responding. I do have Toolbar enabled.

But what I am looking for is to have "Preview enabled by default, without having to type keyboard shortcut or press any button in the toolbar, whenever I edit or add a tiddler".

talha131

Jan 13, 2019, 12:02:02 PM1/13/19
to TiddlyWiki

Ton your $:/_toggle-editor-toolbar_preview led me to $:/state/showeditpreview tiddler. Which then helped me discover Jermolene answer here

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3397#issuecomment-413234525

which solved the issue for me.

Thanks a lot.