Pinboard plugin: pin your notices to a cork board create sticky notes and put on a bulletin board

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:32:50 AM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki

This is a proof of concept to create a pinboard in Tiddlywiki (previous name sticky notes)

Pinboard Plugin

14th November 2019 at 7:49pm

Tiddlywiki5.1.21+

LicenseMIT

Release0.5.0

Statusin progress

Pinboard

This is a proof of concept for creating a pinboard plugin

  • a pinboard contains some notices pinned on a board
  • a notice is a tiddler tagged with pin
  • a notice is removed from board if it is tagged with done
  • a notice has a priority. The priority of a notice tiddler is set through adding a field entitled priority
  • The priority filed value can only be chosen from the below value
    • red
    • blue
    • green
    • yellow

A macro entitled pinboard-ui lists and displays all notices in a multi column layout

  • a notice shown by pinboard-ui has a toggle button (the colored pin) to tag the notice as done
  • a notice shown by pinboard-ui has a link to the notice tiddler, on click it will be opened
  • a notice shown by pinboard-ui has a folding editor, on click the entry can be edited

See the demo below Pinboard Example and Cork Board

Install

Packaged plugin
  1. Drag and drop $:/plugins/kookma/pinboard into your wiki
  2. Save and reload your wiki
Client-Server installation (separate files)
  • For Node.js (server version) download the commander folder from source folder and paste in your Tiddlywiki plugins folder
  • For local installation put the commander folder into your local plugins folder under your wiki folder
Code and demo

pinboard.png

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 14, 2019, 12:59:58 PM11/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Mohammad

The change to a more minimalist in-line edit is really good!

As is the UN-pinning on click on pin-head!

Annotation 2019-11-14 185704.jpg

Just comments
TT

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 1:20:17 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josiah,
 Yes, this design is more similar to real pin board!
 I will add a new notice button as Mark indicated
 The issue with pins on single window has been resolved now

--Mohammad

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 9:29:58 PM UTC+3:30, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Ciao Mohammad

The change to a more minimalist in-line edit is really good!

Annotation 2019-11-14 185704.jpg

Just a comment
TT

Mark S.

Nov 14, 2019, 2:35:17 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Wow -- that inline edit is great -- nearly seamless. We need this for all our tiddlers!

On the corkboard, there is no menu to "View in window".

Einstien sb. Einstein

Wishlist: Ability to arrange notes.

At the dawn of the computer age, 3M used to make a sticky-note app that allowed people to pin and display images as on a corkboard.
It was fun, but had no organizational tools. Combining that interface with TW organizing brings together the best of two world's.

Julio Peña

Nov 14, 2019, 9:23:28 PM11/14/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mohammad and all,

Wow...simply amazing!
Keep those creative juices flowing!

Best regards,

Julio

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:16:10 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Mark!

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 11:05:17 PM UTC+3:30, Mark S. wrote:
Wow -- that inline edit is great -- nearly seamless. We need this for all our tiddlers!

On the corkboard, there is no menu to "View in window".

Einstien sb. Einstein

Noted!

Wishlist: Ability to arrange notes.

I will see how this is possible! Right now I open one of the notice and then using the tag pill I reorder the notices

At the dawn of the computer age, 3M used to make a sticky-note app that allowed people to pin and display images as on a corkboard.
It was fun, but had no organizational tools. Combining that interface with TW organizing brings together the best of two world's.

TW magic has no end!

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:16:47 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Julio.
Hope you could use it!

TonyM

Nov 14, 2019, 11:26:34 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

You could hide notes with has[draft.of]] from the pin board.

Regards
Tony

Mohammad

Nov 14, 2019, 11:45:03 PM11/14/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tony!
Thanks. I fixed this issue!

--Mohammad

Jon

Nov 17, 2019, 3:19:15 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

How do you get the notices pinned to the cork board?

Regards
Jon

Ste Wilson

Nov 17, 2019, 4:32:58 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Create a tiddler, type your note and tag it with 'pin'

Jon

Nov 17, 2019, 5:06:32 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Ste,

Create a tiddler, type your note and tag it with 'pin'

Then create another tiddler containing <<pinboard-ui>>

This shows a stylised pinned note, but not to the corkboard.

Regards
Jon

Birthe C

Nov 17, 2019, 8:42:21 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
If you want the corkboard, create a field class and the value cork-board.

Birthe

Jon

Nov 17, 2019, 9:13:44 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ah, thanks Birthe.

Regards
Jon

Jon

Nov 17, 2019, 9:18:51 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
OK, so that works but how do you edit the tiddler again as the controls are missing?

Regards
Jon

Birthe C

Nov 17, 2019, 9:30:13 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Jon,

Exactly that was also my problem. You could edit the tiddler $:/plugins/kookma/pinboard/styles/corkborad (Type error here Mohammad?).

For my own use I changed the first part like this:

/*Hide tiddler header*/.cork-board .tc-subtitle {display:none;}
.cork-board .tc-title {display:none;}
.cork-board .tc-titlebar button {
opacity
: 0;
}

.cork-board .tc-titlebar:hover button {
opacity
: 1;
}

Title and subtitle will still be invisible, but on hover you will have tiddlercontrols visible.

Birthe

Jon

Nov 17, 2019, 9:36:42 AM11/17/19
to TiddlyWiki