Streams 0.21 is now available

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 30, 2021, 3:17:31 AM4/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
Streams 0.2 is now out of beta.

I recommend updating Relink plugin and to consider installing its new addon plugin Relink Titles as well:

For anyone including Streams in editions or otherwise distributing the plugin:
  • Please do not distribute modified versions of the plugin as this leads to my receiving support requests that are impossible to troubleshoot or manage.
  • If you need to customize the plugin, first look at the documentation to see if there is already a facility for extending or tweaking the plugin that you can use. If in doubt, ask or request a hook.
  • Otherwise, instead of modifying Streams please distribute Streams with your own plugin that overrides select tiddlers in Streams and implements the customization that you need.
Regards,

Saq

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 30, 2021, 6:42:03 AM4/30/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:47 AM Saq Imtiaz <saq.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
Streams 0.2 is now out of beta.

Wonderful! Thank you Saq! An essential component for rapid note-taking!

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 30, 2021, 6:50:12 AM4/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've actually recently started using Streams myself for note taking during conference calls. It has been working really well, especially being able to easily drag and drop and re-arrange things. There is a need however for marking action-items that needs further thought in that workflow.

One of the things I've been contemplating is for Streams to have a different mode of operation, where it does not alter the root tiddler. The problem right now is that if you want to take notes on a shadow tiddler, or a tiddler from a different source that should not be changed, the action of adding nodes with Streams will change the tiddler by manipulating its stream-list field.

An alternate way of handling the same would be to store the stream-list field for the root tiddler in a separate sidecar config
 tiddler, for example $:/config/streams/stream-list/<tiddler-title>

This would also allow for workflows like using Streams to take notes on read-only slides tiddlers, that might have been auto imported or synced from the teacher's tiddlywiki.

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 30, 2021, 8:17:31 AM4/30/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:20 PM Saq Imtiaz <saq.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've actually recently started using Streams myself for note taking during conference calls. It has been working really well, especially being able to easily drag and drop and re-arrange things. There is a need however for marking action-items that needs further thought in that workflow.

Lovely! This is one of my favorite use case! At the end I normally merge the notes!

One of the things I've been contemplating is for Streams to have a different mode of operation, where it does not alter the root tiddler. The problem right now is that if you want to take notes on a shadow tiddler, or a tiddler from a different source that should not be changed, the action of adding nodes with Streams will change the tiddler by manipulating its stream-list field.

I use this solution! Assume I want to put note or discuss a slide or report in an online meeting!
Say tiddler is $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45

I create a new tiddler with the below text

{{ $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45}} and note on that!

An alternate way of handling the same would be to store the stream-list field for the root tiddler in a separate sidecar config
 tiddler, for example $:/config/streams/stream-list/<tiddler-title>

I am not sure if I follow you here!

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12:42:03 PM UTC+2 Mohammad wrote:
[...]

Saq Imtiaz

Apr 30, 2021, 8:42:41 AM4/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mohammad,

Lovely! This is one of my favorite use case! At the end I normally merge the notes!

I need to develop my workflow further but so far I've been dragging and dropping to an actions items tiddler or other tiddlers that are relevant to the topic. At the end there are no nodes left in the original conference call notes.

I use this solution! Assume I want to put note or discuss a slide or report in an online meeting!
Say tiddler is $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45

Yes your way of doing things is one option.

What I am considering is this: imagine that you want to take notes using Streams on $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45
If you add nodes, directly streams will edit this tiddler's stream-list field. This is a problem if you want to maybe synchronize this tiddler with another wiki later, you will get a merge conflict.

So there should be a way to use Streams to take notes on a tiddler without having to modify it.
So the idea is, instead of saving the list of nodes in the stream-list field of the tiddler $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45, we can save them in a config tiddler called something like $:/streams/sidecar/$:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45

Streams can then read the list of nodes from this tiddler, instead of from the stream-list field in the $:/kookma/courses/CHE403/rk45 tiddler.

We would not need to do this for every node, just the stream root tiddler.

Mohammad Rahmani

Apr 30, 2021, 9:30:59 AM4/30/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 5:12 PM Saq Imtiaz <saq.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mohammad,

Hi Saq,
Yes, this is the right way! I got your point!

Thank you!

si

Apr 30, 2021, 12:15:22 PM4/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks so much for this Saq - great stuff!

>>> There is a need however for marking action-items that needs further thought in that workflow.

I had previously added a context menu button that would add a status:to-do field to a node. The most obvious disadvantage was that there was no visual indication that a node was also a task. I have considered just using markup within the text to indicate a task (i.e. {{||todo}} or something), similar to what Roam does.

>>> I need to develop my workflow further but so far I've been dragging and dropping to an actions items tiddler or other tiddlers that are relevant to the topic. At the end there are no nodes left in the original conference call notes.

There are some circumstances where I wonder if it would be helpful to retain some association to the original context in which the node was created. For example I often take notes on a book represented by some tiddler but then drag the nodes to elsewhere in my wiki, at which point I have lost the reference to the original source of the information.

Rika Sukenik

Apr 30, 2021, 5:03:24 PM4/30/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks, Saq!! I just updated. Will let you know if I experience any issues. Really appreciate your hard work!

Saq Imtiaz

May 1, 2021, 10:53:21 AM5/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've pushed a small update to Streams that fixes a few minor issues including a bug with the get-stream-root[] filter.

I've also added a FAQ to the docs. Documentation contributions are very welcome.

Saq Imtiaz

May 2, 2021, 10:06:45 AM5/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
There is a new release of the Edit-comptext plugin that amongst other things adds compatibility with Streams:

TW Tones

May 2, 2021, 11:20:06 PM5/2/21
to TiddlyWiki
Saq,

With each item in a stream, the bullet has its own menu and drag. Perhaps a simple way for the user to extend this would be being able to add an item to the stream item, or menu, just like how we add content to tiddlers with the view template, would permit many additional requirements to be added by the user. For example a button to tag the stream entry as a todo, or set a field aa a priority. Another space where users can display something per stream item would be similar.

Tones

Saq Imtiaz

May 3, 2021, 1:02:15 AM5/3/21
to TiddlyWiki

TW Tones

May 3, 2021, 3:09:59 AM5/3/21
to TiddlyWiki
Saq,

Thanks I realised the  Context Menu  has some customisation. However it assumes a button/action where I may just want to display something conditionally.
I could use a popup to contain something a bit like the rename, but more info, but I am interested in placing a tag pill or button after the dot point. I continue to try and see how to hack it.

Regards
Tony

si

May 4, 2021, 5:48:09 PM5/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Tones - I like your idea. You could have a tag like $:/tags/streams/ViewTemplate that would transclude its text field onto every node. One obvious use-case could be adding a checkbox to mark tasks as done.

Did you manage to get anything working?

@Saq - Totally unrelated question. Is there a way to save and exit a node while on mobile? I.e. the equivalent of Ctrl+Enter on a normal keyboard.

Joshua Fontany

May 4, 2021, 7:16:20 PM5/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
I like the idea that Streams would store its relational data NOT on the parent tiddler, but in some other (system prefixed?). That is worth exploring. :)

Best,
Joshua Fontany

TW Tones

May 4, 2021, 7:26:19 PM5/4/21
to TiddlyWiki
Si,

Yes, a tag would be helpful, No I have not gone further with this yet except in using a stream name that hides the items behind $:/, and rename to make them permanent independent tiddlers. Once permanent independent tiddlers I can use tags and other methods to manage them, if not yet in streams.

I did however discover how easy it is to drag and drop stream items elsewhere, which is an easy way to manipulate them, It even integrates with projectify.

Tones

Saq Imtiaz

May 5, 2021, 7:22:14 AM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
@joshua

I like the idea that Streams would store its relational data NOT on the parent tiddler, but in some other (system prefixed?). That is worth exploring. :)

This is top of my list when I next get a solid chunk of time to work on Streams.

Saq Imtiaz

May 5, 2021, 7:25:17 AM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Si

@Saq - Totally unrelated question. Is there a way to save and exit a node while on mobile? I.e. the equivalent of Ctrl+Enter on a normal keyboard.

Enable the setting called "Exit editing on saving an empty node" and then try hitting the Enter key twice.

Another alternative is adding a context menu option (see FAQ). There has been a fair bit of discussion around this in previous threads and a few ideas have been trialled but these are the best two options at present.

si

May 5, 2021, 10:13:34 AM5/5/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Saq - sorry I had not seen that setting.

Frédéric Demers

May 8, 2021, 9:33:13 AM5/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hello everyone; am a big fan of Saq's Streams plugins; my workflow includes a few other things such as Stroll and TiddlyMap (I know, I am asking for trouble). I have come across a few quirks and have a few solutions to share.

1. I prefer having the Streams nodes simply numbered rather than numbered with a time stamp. The potential solution of using the <$macrocall $name="unusedtitle" baseName=<<stream-root-title>>/> template breaks pretty quickly.
steps to reproduce:
 1) start from empty 5.1.23 (https//tiddlywiki.com); add Streams 0.212 (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/) (w/ relink)
 2) in the Streams' control panel, change Template wikified for node title to <$macrocall $name="unusedtitle" baseName=<<stream-root-title>>/> (option suggested in Streams' FAQs at https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/#FAQs)
 3) create a new Tiddler test, leave empty
 4) add 2 nodes
 5) move the second node as a child of the first node (drag'n drop)
 6) add a 3rd node -> edit mode is activated for two nodes simultaneously
 streams_1.png

The first workaround that worked for me was to replace the Template wikified for node title with <$macrocall $name="unusedtitle" baseName=<<parent>>/>; alas, it does not work well with the relink and relink-titles plugins when renaming (relink-titles does not successfully renames the nodes unless the node titles use the / separator?). Not a major issue in itself, but the root/node association (by name) is lost when looking at the list of all tiddlers (and does complicate future imports of specific root tiddlers with their nodes)
steps to reproduce:
 1) start from empty 5.1.23 (https//tiddlywiki.com); add Streams 0.212 (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/) (w/ relink and relink-titles)
 2) in the Streams control panel, change Template wikified for node title to <$macrocall $name="unusedtitle" baseName=<<parent>>/>
 3) create a new Tiddler test, leave empty
 4) add 2 nodes
 5) rename the root tiddler (and enable Use Relink to update test to mytest across all other tiddlers)
 6) verify that relink-titles was not effective by listing More->All Tiddlers
streams_2.png

a better solution is to combine the above template with a version that includes a / and preserves relink-titles' nifty capabilities. This was surprisingly challenging, and there may be simpler solutions I couldn't figure out.
steps to reproduce:
 1) start from empty 5.1.23 (https//tiddlywiki.com); add Streams 0.212 (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/) (w/ relink and relink-titles https://flibbles.github.io/tw5-relink/#$:/plugins/flibbles/relink-titles)
 2) clone $:/core/modules/macros/unusedtitle.js, name it $:/core/modules/macros/unusedtitleslash.js with the following changes (and refresh your TiddlyWiki):
- title unusedtitleslash.js in comments (optional)
- title unusedtitleslash.js in exports.name
insert options={prefix:"/"}; before the function's return statement
 3) in the Streams' control panel, change Template wikified for node title to <$macrocall $name="unusedtitleslash" baseName=<<parent>>/>
 4) create a new Tiddler test, leave empty
 5) add 2 nodes
 6) rename the root tiddler (and enable Use Relink to update test to newtest across all other tiddlers)
 7) verify that relink-titles was effective by listing More->All Tiddlers :)
streams_3.png

2. The match counter needs tweaking if using Streams with the excellent Streams-search plugin https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/streams.html#$:/plugins/sq/streams-search
steps to reproduce:
 1) start from empty 5.1.23 (https//tiddlywiki.com); add Streams 0.212 (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/) (w/ relink) and the excellent Streams-search plugin (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/streams.html#$:/plugins/sq/streams-search)
 2) create a new Tiddler test, leave empty
 3) add 2 nodes
 4) search for "test" and verify that the match counter is not reflecting search results
streams_5.png

this is quickly fixed by replacing, in $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search
<$set name="resultCount" value="""<$count filter="[subfilter<primaryListFilter>] [subfilter<secondaryListFilter>]"/>""">
<$set name="resultCount" value="""<$count filter="[!is[system]search{$(searchTiddler)$}sort[title]stream-root[]limit[250]]"/>""">

(warning; there may be unintended side effects with this approach; perhaps there exists a more elegant, comprehensive solution)

other than that, I was able to adjust the filters in the $:/.giffmex/ViewTemplate/... for Stroll's backlinks and the  TiddlyTools/Time/SidebarCalendar plugin to also only show the root tiddlers' names, based off the example for the Recent tab example provided by Saq (https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/#FAQs) and feel I have a pretty sweet setup now!

cheers, and thanks for the awesome plugins

Saq Imtiaz

May 8, 2021, 12:40:55 PM5/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
@fred

I haven't been able to reproduce the scenario you describe below. The steps you list result in 3 nodes in total, whereas the screenshot below shows 4. Perhaps that is why? How are you adding the third node? Where does the fourth node come from?

 6) add a 3rd node -> edit mode is activated for two nodes simultaneously
 streams_1.png

a better solution is to combine the above template with a version that includes a / and preserves relink-titles' nifty capabilities. This was surprisingly challenging, and there may be simpler solutions I couldn't figure out.

Note that the pre-release version of TW 5.1.24 has new options for the unustedtitle macro that might be useful here:

2. The match counter needs tweaking if using Streams with the excellent Streams-search plugin https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/streams.html#$:/plugins/sq/streams-search

Please note that this search solution was a quick fix created for another user's specific use case. I do not recommend for others to use it and if you do so, it is at your own risk. With the new filters in Streams you can probably just modify the wikitext tiddlers responsible for search to get a similar search experience.

Regards,
Saq

Frédéric Demers

May 8, 2021, 1:10:34 PM5/8/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saq, and thanks for your note.

I only create two nodes, but then drag node 2 to become a child of node 1. Then add a 3rd node and it creates two copies of that 3rd node.

I was using TiddlyDesktop, but just reproduced on the hosted source for the plugin. Note that the the prereq is to set "Template wikified for node title" to
  • <$macrocall $name="unusedtitle" baseName=<<stream-root-title>>/>

image.png

Saq Imtiaz

May 8, 2021, 2:00:37 PM5/8/21
to TiddlyWiki
I've pushed an update to version 0.2.13 which resolves the bug reported by Fred.

Interestingly the bug has been present since day one but only surfaces when using the unusedtitle macro to generate titles.

Frédéric Demers

May 8, 2021, 3:37:59 PM5/8/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
A super Saq; I'd seen the bug a while back, but because of it's narrow use case and the workaround, I didn't expect a fix.

Thanks all the same; any advice on the use of   baseName=<<stream-root-title>> vs baseName=<<parent>> ?

On Sat, 8 May 2021 at 14:00, Saq Imtiaz <saq.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've pushed an update to version 0.2.13 which resolves the bug reported by Fred.

Interestingly the bug has been present since day one but only surfaces when using the unusedtitle macro to generate titles.

Saq Imtiaz

May 9, 2021, 5:00:30 AM5/9/21
to TiddlyWiki

Thanks all the same; any advice on the use of   baseName=<<stream-root-title>> vs baseName=<<parent>> ?

I think that is really a personal preference on how you like your titles set up.

Frédéric Demers

May 14, 2021, 10:22:55 PM5/14/21
to TiddlyWiki
One more question if I may @Saq;  I am wondering why the editor toolbar in the Stream nodes (when that option is enabled) shows all the button.

it is as if this filter is somehow not considering the state:
<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/EditorToolbar]!has[draft.of]]"><$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<config-visibility-title>> text="hide" class="tc-text-editor-toolbar-item-wrapper"><$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body/toolbar/button"
mode="inline"/>

steps to reproduce:
1. navigate to Streams latest https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/
2. enable  Show toolbar in editor in the Streams configuration options
3. hide a few button from the Editor toolbar, and show a few hidden ones (Options->Appearance->Toolbars->Editor toolbar)
img1.png
4. draft a new tiddler, notice the toolbar displays the choices made in step 3.
img2a.png
5. create a new Streams node, notice the toolbar displays all of the button tagged $:/tags/EditorToolbar
img2b.png

I don't think it is a Streams issue at all; I get a similar behaviour when trying the same list/filter in the tiddler text. The preview pane shows the correct subset of button, but when finishing editing the tiddler, the rendered text shows all of the buttons.
img3.png vs img4.png

Cheers!

Saq Imtiaz

May 15, 2021, 2:46:36 AM5/15/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks Fred, I've pushed an update that resolves this.

This is a bug arising from an incomplete implementation. The original idea was for the streams editor toolbar to have its own configuration panel.

 However, this idea was ultimately discarded as not being worth the bulk as very few people actually use the toolbar.

Note that all toolbar buttons that do not implement a dropdown are usable via keyboard shortcuts even when the toolbar is turned off in the Streams settings.

PMario

May 15, 2021, 7:24:19 AM5/15/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 8:46:36 AM UTC+2 Saq Imtiaz wrote:
Note that all toolbar buttons that do not implement a dropdown are usable via keyboard shortcuts even when the toolbar is turned off in the Streams settings.

@Saq
How did you implement that? I always thought, buttons have to be visible to have shortcuts.
-m

Saq Imtiaz

May 15, 2021, 7:30:53 AM5/15/21
to TiddlyWiki
@pmario The buttons are just hidden with CSS ;) That's why the popup's don't work, they need the button element to have a position.

si

May 15, 2021, 2:27:08 PM5/15/21
to TiddlyWiki
>>> Thanks I realised the  Context Menu  has some customisation. However it assumes a button/action where I may just want to display something conditionally.
I could use a popup to contain something a bit like the rename, but more info, but I am interested in placing a tag pill or button after the dot point. I continue to try and see how to hack it.

<$list filter="[tag[$:/tags/streams/ViewTemplate]]" variable=template>
    <$transclude tiddler=<<template>>/>
</$list>

This allows me to add buttons to the right of the text like so:

tags.png

You could also put it before <div class="stream-node-block"> to have it appear on the left hand side instead. I also added a context menu option for adding the to do tag in the first place, then my buttons get automatically transcluded.

@Saq In general do you think this would be a good feature to add to Streams? You could pull out <div class="stream-node-block"> into a separate tiddler tagged with $:/tags/streams/ViewTemplate. Then users can easily customise what appears on a node just like we can with the ViewTemplate for normal tiddlers. Obviously I know nothing about the technicals, so I accept this could have negative effects that I don't understand.

TW Tones

May 15, 2021, 7:45:07 PM5/15/21
to TiddlyWiki
Si,

Thanks for that. I have always liked streams but I am adopting it a lot more now I have my own stream tiddler naming standard, not to mention the ability to drag and drop into and from streams into and from projectify, and other tiddlywiki solutions. Add to this recent discussions on the basket, dropping bookmarks and urls etc... and I am getting a very powerful everyday work environment.

This "hack" pending a build in feature to add "conditional" button to items is very welcome.

I hope ultimately build a tool for providing a set of automatically generated titles according to the information available so that for example an item in streams can be converted to another items eg; todo/project etc...

Tones

Saq Imtiaz

May 16, 2021, 1:50:35 AM5/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
@si

@Saq In general do you think this would be a good feature to add to Streams? You could pull out <div class="stream-node-block"> into a separate tiddler tagged with $:/tags/streams/ViewTemplate. Then users can easily customise what appears on a node just like we can with the ViewTemplate for normal tiddlers. Obviously I know nothing about the technicals, so I accept this could have negative effects that I don't understand.

This would clash with other ideas I have for adding new features to Streams, and though it seems an obvious choice it will not be implemented. At least not at this time. After some discussions with another users that extends Streams with their own features, the tiddler content part of the template has been separated into it's own tiddler in 0.2.15:

si

May 16, 2021, 9:03:16 AM5/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
Ok thanks Saq.

I feel kind of bad asking you about tweaking Streams but I just have a quick question.

I noticed that the tags I added are not in line when I close the sidebar. For example adding the following to $:/plugins/sq/streams/templates/stream-row-template:

<<tag "Hello">>
<<tag "Goodbye">>

Looks like this when the sidebar is open:

lined-up - Copy.png

But like this when it is closed:

not-lined-up - Copy.png

I can't figure out how to get them to line up nicely, is there any easy way to do this without just setting the maximum node width to some extreme number?

Frédéric Demers

May 16, 2021, 9:20:37 AM5/16/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
@saq; many thanks for the toolbar fix. I really ought to have been able to fix that myself! I missed a detail about the macro scope there.

I am getting more comfortable with the TW universe. I added a toolbar button that generates a checkbox list, based off the excellent & simple checklist plugin https://tgrosinger.github.io/tw5-checklist/, which I have modded to be able to trim down to the check list only (https://github.com/tgrosinger/tw5-checklist/issues/50), and have integrated the autolist features which I find super cool.

You'll probably recognize why I asked some of the questions on this forum about the SVG colours and the sort; thanks for all the help.
I love the hackability of TW!

Thanks again!

image.png

image.png

Saq Imtiaz

May 16, 2021, 10:18:45 AM5/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
@si you probably want to set a max-width for the .stream-root class.

Also, I would strongly advise against customizing the stream-row-template tiddler and recommend that you customize stream-row-body instead to have an easier time upgrading to newer versions of Streams.

Saq Imtiaz

May 16, 2021, 10:20:10 AM5/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
@fred happy to hear that you're finding your feet.

si

May 16, 2021, 4:42:51 PM5/16/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks a lot Saq. Yep I will stick with stream-row-body. Thanks for your help.

TW Tones

May 17, 2021, 9:26:13 PM5/17/21
to TiddlyWiki
This is a simple way to list all streams on tiddler in your wiki

<$list filter="[all[]has[stream-type]splitbefore[/]removesuffix[/]has[title]sort[]]">

</$list>

Regards
Tones

Saq Imtiaz

May 18, 2021, 2:22:08 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 3:26:13 AM UTC+2 TW Tones wrote:
This is a simple way to list all streams on tiddler in your wiki

What does that mean? Despite reading it several times I can't quite make sense of that sentence.

謝佩琪

May 18, 2021, 3:36:57 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi
This Plugin is really great!

I just try to merge streams to a tiddler.

I follow the way in FAQs
but nothing happened
I don't know what's the problem

Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
Snipaste_2021-05-18_15-35-17.png

Snipaste_2021-05-18_15-30-36.png

saq.i...@gmail.com 在 2021年5月18日 星期二下午2:22:08 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Saq Imtiaz

May 18, 2021, 3:43:19 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Start your filter with [[Test]get-stream-nodees[]...

In your example TEST is a literal tiddler title and not a variable.

TW Tones

May 18, 2021, 4:14:33 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Saq,

Opps, I was far too brief

It simply finds each tiddler that has one or more stream items on it (via finding the stream item).

Thus returning a list of tiddlers with a stream. I find this useful for a directory of tiddlers with streams

Another matter stream to text
In a related matter I was wondering if there were a simple way to consolidate a whole stream and append it to the text field of the tiddler? Perhaps introducing multiple level dot points in the result.
  • This would allow a brainstorming to use streams but in the end be written to the text field and the independent tiddlers deleted (thus self contained tiddler)
  • Whilst reversibility - text to a stream outline would be helpful perhaps its not as important
  • In some ways allowing alternate conversions to text would also be helpful from a simple multilevel bulleted list to a collapsible outline or questions containing answers below.
And another - draggable streams
I intend to make an icon that appears on tiddlers with a stream which has a payload of a json containing all stream related tiddlers, then a whole stream can be dragged and dropped elsewhere. I expect as a result I may need a delete stream to remove it all, if necessary.

In closing
  • Streams is a revolutionary tool for me and your design approach has made it extensible and easy to integrate. Thanks so much.
  • To me one of streams key functions is easy entry or pasting of date into the tiddlywiki environment even directly from my mind to the keyboard, I can arrange it later.
  • I am working on making use of the drag and drop features along with other solutions for rapid repurposing of content.
Love your work
Tones

Saq Imtiaz

May 18, 2021, 4:38:06 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
@Tony

In a related matter I was wondering if there were a simple way to consolidate a whole stream and append it to the text field of the tiddler?

The exact solution that works for you will depend on the nature of your content. Given the wikitext constraints around multiline content in a bullet list, there is no one solution that would work for everyone.

I intend to make an icon that appears on tiddlers with a stream which has a payload of a json containing all stream related tiddlers, then a whole stream can be dragged and dropped elsewhere. I expect as a result I may need a delete stream to remove it all, if necessary.

Or could just use a button/draggable widget with the get-stream-nodes[] filter operator: https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/#Streams%200.2%20improvements%2FFilters

TW Tones

May 18, 2021, 11:38:10 AM5/18/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks heaps Saq

It is sooo cool and you keep surprising me.

Thanks
Tones/Tony

謝佩琪

May 19, 2021, 2:58:59 AM5/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you very much!
It's work!

I hope a new feature that the report tiddler can still have bullet level

like this

  • ASD
    • asdsad
  • dsdfdskl
    • ajlkds
      • asdkjklsadj
      • adsokl
Thanks!

TW Tones 在 2021年5月18日 星期二下午11:38:10 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Saq Imtiaz

May 19, 2021, 3:02:22 AM5/19/21
to TiddlyWiki

I hope a new feature that the report tiddler can still have bullet level

There are a few options described in the documentation, you should be able to find one that you can customize for your needs:

謝佩琪

May 19, 2021, 3:40:50 AM5/19/21
to TiddlyWiki
It's work!

Sorry that it is my first time to use macro, so I don't understand the feature in FAQs.

Thank you very much!

saq.i...@gmail.com 在 2021年5月19日 星期三下午3:02:22 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

si

Jun 1, 2021, 10:44:36 AM6/1/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Saq, I have noticed what might be a very minor bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://saqimtiaz.github.io/streams/ and set to zoomin mode.
2. Go to a tiddler containing streams nodes and double click to edit a node.
3. Navigate to a different tiddler, then use the link in the "Open" tab to navigate back to the previous tiddler.
4. The text box is now kind of squished, hiding the text. Reopening the tiddler restores it to normal.

Hardly a major problem, but it confused me when I first encountered it so thought it worth mentioning.