How to show a list of tiddlers linked or transcluded or used inside via macro in the tiddler?

talha131

Sep 6, 2020, 5:25:40 PM9/6/20
to TiddlyWiki

I have noticed that when you link to tiddlers using [[Tiddler Title] then it updates the “Reference” tab of the tiddler info.

But if I only transclude the tiddler {{Tiddler Title}} or use a macro,

<<tabs "[[Rename File]] [[Wav to Mp3]]" default:"" state:"$:/state/tab1" class:"tc-vertical" template="$:/talha131/Template/VerticalTab">>

Then the tiddler does not end up in the “Reference” tab.

I am looking for a way to show related tiddlers in a section of the tiddler body. I understand that I can leverage ViewTemplate to modify the tiddler body.

But how do I get a list of tiddlers mentioned in the text using links, transclusion, and macros?

talha131

Sep 6, 2020, 7:13:35 PM9/6/20
to TiddlyWiki

From what I looked up, it does not seem possible. All the solutions are made on top of “Reference” tab. None of them take into account tiddlers transcluded in the tiddler.

For example,

  1. https://akhater.github.io/drift/
  2. https://hchaase.github.io/HC-Plugins/
  3. https://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#taggly

All of them work flawlessly with tiddlers linked via internal link markup. But do not work with translucded tiddlers, which leads me to think, this task is impossible or at least not trivial to pull off.

TW Tones

Sep 7, 2020, 4:16:26 AM9/7/20
to TiddlyWiki
Talha

Nothing is imposible and we know the relink plugin can rename transclusions.

the key is to extract all the titles betwen the double curly braces found in the text field.

Perhaps i will do this if no one presents and existing solution.

Regards
Tony

talha131

Sep 9, 2020, 8:00:13 AM9/9/20
to TiddlyWiki

Thank you, Tones. I looked up the source code of the ReLink plugin; it is powerful and useful.

After experimenting, I decided to use tags and nested tags to organize my notes, with the Relink plugin to help me rename the tiddlers.

I wanted to link tiddlers together, such that I could jump from one tiddler to another and back, and see a list of related notes.

I could use the list field. But adding tiddlers to it is a bit cumbersome. Changing sort order is also a manual process.

There are plugins like the wizard plugin, which lets you press the next and back buttons to jump between linked tiddlers.

But tags are the easiest to use.

  1. You can sort tiddlers in a tag by drag and drop.
  2. There is a button in vanilla TW, “Create a new tiddler tagged with this one.” You can easily create tiddlers’ hierarchies using the button—no need to edit the list field.
  3. Notes that share a tag are related.

PMario

Sep 9, 2020, 9:55:33 AM9/9/20
to TiddlyWiki