Can tiddler titles be transcluded in a template?

Grigor

Feb 11, 2020, 1:28:45 PM2/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello good folks!

I'm not sure if I even got the terminology right in the subject line, but I was having real progress with TW5 (I've been lurking around Jeremy's handsome baby of a genius since probably the time it was born) until I decided to use a template for all my future tag pages.

The problem is that the tags pages make use of tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#list-search (so grateful to Tobias for all his good "stuff", and I don't see him around here anymore?, sincerely hope he is still around!).

So in the template I was (alas) hoping to get something like this to work:

<<list-search
"[tag[{{!!title}}]!is[system]!sort[modified]]"
"search"
"$:/temp/list-search-example-tag-{{!!title}}-template"
"$:/.gr6a/template/list-search"
placeholder:"search this tag">>

But of course it didn't. I tried a few "hacks", but I'm only a script-kiddie type of a "hacker" so I'm stuck and here asking for attention and help.

I may have another problem, as I also have a customized (following Tobias again) 1Search page that searches both the tag pages and the regular tiddlers, where I think I have to figure out how to use current vs story tiddlers (granted that the above problem of mine is solvable at all), but that is just a side note for now :)

If anybody would be interested to lend a hand, please look here, where I've tried to explain a bit more through a live wiki example:

I will be so very grateful for any and all help! And I stand ready to explain my problem better, if I didn't do a good enough job here...

Many thanks!
Grigor

P.S. The closest to my problem (I think...) that I was able to identify being discussed in this group is here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tiddlywiki/sjeqVYMwE4s/discussion

Mark S.

Feb 11, 2020, 1:56:06 PM2/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
You might want to check out the documentation on filters at tiddlywiki.com. There may be some unexpected things.

In this case, you may want (if Tobias' old filter still works)

[tag{!!title}...

Basically, outside of filter runs you use {{transclusion}} and <<variable>>, but inside of filter runs you use syntax like sort{!!myfield} and tag<myvariable> .

HTH

Grigor

Feb 20, 2020, 12:31:44 PM2/20/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you Mark S.! That single curly bracket was all it took. I was so much hoping it would be just such a small thing... "HTH", are you kidding :) You made my day, and I'm grateful! -g-