Query: Plugin Libraries? Who has them?

TiddlyTweeter

Jul 23, 2020, 11:33:47 AM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
I added to a wiki PMario's & Jed Carty's Plugin Libraries. They integrate well alongside Official Plugins library. Low overhead. Instant access to resources.

My Question! Who else has Plugin Libraries?

Best wishes
TT

Birthe C

Jul 23, 2020, 12:13:27 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
TT,

Birthe

Birthe C

Jul 23, 2020, 12:16:02 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Also look here for Tobias Beer http://tobibeer.github.io/tw5-plugins/#Library

Birthe

TiddlyTweeter

Jul 23, 2020, 12:35:55 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
EXCELLENTE!

Added both. (Wo)man, it saves a LOT of time configuring a wiki!

Are you April MacKenzie? You have The Knowledge.

TT, x

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 23, 2020, 1:04:29 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
It has crossed my mind more than once that a plugin that contained plugin library tiddlers would be very handy.

TiddlyTweeter

Jul 23, 2020, 1:14:32 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
The fact its been around forever already says something.

TT

TW Tones

Jul 23, 2020, 6:24:46 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
When there is an easy way to generate a zip file of library files from a filter inside a wiki such as single file wiki the library feature will be democratized and a lot more will exist.

See my playground (link not handy) by forum search which already has 4 libraries to research plugins from libraries.

Regards
Tony

TW Tones

Jul 23, 2020, 6:35:48 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki

Birthe C

Jul 23, 2020, 9:20:03 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
TW Tones,

In your wiki is a link torum search to discuss your edition. I get an error 418, that I do not have the rights.
Also I have for some time tried to avoid your wiki due to the in browser saving. I had a lot of trouble on my other laptop (That does not have a lot of ram....everything I had in the browser ended mixed up).

I am rather sorry, I do not want to sound negative as I think you have a lot of great ideas.

Birthe

TW Tones

Jul 23, 2020, 10:43:26 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe,

In your wiki is a link torum search to discuss your edition. I get an error 418, that I do not have the rights.

I am not sure whats happening with the forum. I believed it was open to anyone

Also I have for some time tried to avoid your wiki due to the in browser saving. I had a lot of trouble on my other laptop (That does not have a lot of ram....everything I had in the browser ended mixed up).

I suppose the point of this wiki is if you want to go to an online wiki where you can install and run plugins without saving, the playground is there, otherwise it would not be possible at all without a place where tyou can save after installing a plugin.
  • If you load the wiki the first time, nothing is in memory except the original wiki.
  • It is you that decides how much more memory you use.
  • It is based on version 5.1.22 empty.html  with a little extra installed, so it minimal to start with.
  • If you clear local storage and reload you start afresh, so you could do this for each plugin you experiment with.

I am rather sorry, I do not want to sound negative as I think you have a lot of great ideas.

It does not sound negative to me, only that you have a negative view of the use of local storage. I hope you find it is better than you thought, Otherwise this is a purely optional facility. However I do include all 4 libraries that were available and it demonstrates that.

Enjoy what ever the part of the Tiddlyvers ethat suits you

Regards
TW Tones - The sound of Tiddlywiki?

Lin Onetwo

Jul 23, 2020, 10:47:21 PM7/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for sharing your Plugin library!

I was using https://github.com/kookma/TW-PluginLibrary which was the only plugin library I know.

And there is also a plugin library for telmiger in https://github.com/rimi/tw5-telmiger-plugins/issues/4 , but rimi is too busy to config it.

And I also have my own plugin library, if you want to create your own, you can try this Github Actions to build it on the Github CI:

Best regards,
Lin Onetwo

TW Tones

Jul 24, 2020, 2:30:41 AM7/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Lin Onetwo

I expect others can make use of your Github solution, but its currently beyond my skills. If you have a library you want shared let me know where it is and I can add it to the playground https://anthonymuscio.github.io/playground.html

Later I will place a directory somewhere.

Regards
Tony

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 24, 2020, 2:52:55 AM7/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
@Lin interesting! Thank you for sharing.

PMario

Jul 24, 2020, 9:33:09 AM7/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

The relink-plugin also contains a Library configuration tiddler.

-m

TiddlyTweeter

Jul 31, 2020, 3:24:13 PM7/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao PMario

Fibbles plugin Library has dependencies as it invokes language tiddlers you need RELINK for already to show. If you try invoke it without that you'll get blanks.
Knowing that you can install the plugin library without Relink installed IF you also install the two invoked language tiddlers too.

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jul 31, 2020, 3:28:57 PM7/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
The thread has been interesting.

My conclusion ... we are totally UNDER-using the simple power of plugin libraries.

They are easy to include. Have very low overhead. Give direct access to verified latest plugins.

Annotation 2020-07-31 211743.jpg

Best wishes
TT

PMario

Jul 31, 2020, 3:52:45 PM7/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 9:24:13 PM UTC+2, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Fibbles plugin Library has dependencies as it invokes language tiddlers you need RELINK for already to show. If you try invoke it without that you'll get blanks.
Knowing that you can install the plugin library without Relink installed IF you also install the two invoked language tiddlers too.

I know. I did rewrite if for my wiki and removed the dependencies.

-m

TW Tones

Jul 31, 2020, 7:26:55 PM7/31/20
to TiddlyWiki
Over in the dev thread I am working on a zip to library tool that works on single file wikis, 90% done.

I will promote when done.

Regards
Tony

Joshua Fontany

Aug 3, 2020, 7:43:45 PM8/3/20
to TiddlyWiki
I also want to experiment with Libraries as a distribution method. Good discussion. Thanks guys!

Best,
Joshua Fontany

Flibbles

Dec 15, 2020, 8:49:41 PM12/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 3:24:13 PM UTC-4 TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Ciao PMario

Fibbles plugin Library has dependencies as it invokes language tiddlers you need RELINK for already to show. If you try invoke it without that you'll get blanks.
Knowing that you can install the plugin library without Relink installed IF you also install the two invoked language tiddlers too.

I see that I do use language tiddlers in my pluginLibrary tiddler. If that is preventing Relink from being included in other plugin libraries somehow, then I'm absolutely prepared to inline those strings and captions. The entire point of creating my relink plugin library was to increase exposure.

Would removing those language invocations benefit the community?