How do I transclude an edit window of a tiddler?

Dec 16, 2015, 2:26:12 AM12/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Basically, what I want to do is transclude the edit window of a tiddler onto a tab. I know how to make a tab, but I have no idea with the transcluding. The image makes it easier to understand.

The reason is because that ckeditor is WYSIWYG, but I don't really use it unless it's in full screen mode. After editing, I just Ctr-A the source and paste it into a tiddler for best results, and for quick editing. So, if I could hook it onto a tab, I could just quickly press the fullscreen button.

Tobias Beer

Dec 16, 2015, 5:52:33 AM12/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi K,

Not sure your idea is workable since the sidebar has no idea what your current tiddler is, unless you click some custom button to set some reference to the tiddler "last opened for editing".

Perhaps  a simple button to directly open ckeditor in fullscreen mode instead?

Or rather, it seems you actually want to have tabs in the edit-template rather than the sidebar.

The starting point for trying to achieve that would be the shadow tiddler:

$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/body

Best wishes,

Tobias.

Jed Carty

Dec 16, 2015, 6:50:27 AM12/16/15
to TiddlyWiki
Do you need the entire editing window or just the text portion? If you only need the text portion than you can use an edit-text widget in the tiddler you have in the sidebar. You could create a button in the tiddler menu that sets that tiddler to the one currently being edited in the sidebar. I am at work but if that is what you want I can probably give a more complete answer when I get home this evening.

Dec 16, 2015, 2:00:26 PM12/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Right now, I don't have time to work on it, so maybe later during the day.

@Tobias
I don't really care about the current tiddler being editable. I just want to have access to the edit body of one tiddler that happens to be hooked to ckeditor. After, I'm done editing, I could copy the source, get out of fullscreen, and then paste the source into the tiddler I want for quick edits that don't require macros or other things.
@Jed
Just the text, but I want to be able to use both editors at the same time. The WYSIWYG editor (disassociated fromthe current tiddler) allows for quick formatting and editing, while the vanilla edit window is for functions and codes. When I need to focus on vanilla editing, I can collapse the right sidebar. Otherwise, I have quick access to an instance of ckeditor.

Right now, I don't have time to work on it, so maybe later during the day.

@Tobias
I don't really care about the current tiddler being editable. I just want to have access to the edit body of one tiddler that happens to be hooked to ckeditor. After, I'm done editing, I could copy the source, get out of fullscreen, and then paste the source into the tiddler I want for quick edits that don't require macros or other things.
@Jed
Just the text, but I want to be able to use both editors at the same time. The WYSIWYG editor (disassociated fromthe current tiddler) allows for quick formatting and editing, while the vanilla edit window is for functions and codes. When I need to focus on vanilla editing, I can collapse the right sidebar. Otherwise, I have quick access to an instance of ckeditor.

Edit: Using both at the same time when the ckeditor is focused on the current tiddler is a nightmare. Ckeditor messes up most wikicode to make sense of it and display in it's own editing window. This is why I want a dissociated ckeditor instance.

Tobias Beer

Dec 16, 2015, 2:47:58 PM12/16/15
to TiddlyWiki
Hi K,

Here's a quick and dirty toolbar button that would allow you to toggle between wysiwyg and tiddlywiki markup (or attached as a .tid file):

title: $:/.tb/ui/Buttons/wysiwyg
caption
: {{$:/core/images/storyview-pop}} wysiwyg
description
: toggle wysiwyg
list
-before:

<$reveal type="match" text={{!!type}} default="text/html" class="dark-button">
<$button tooltip="turn off wysiwyg editor" class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$action-setfield type=""/>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>prefix[yes]]">
{{$:/core/images/storyview-pop}}
</$list>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-text>prefix[yes]]">
span>
</$list>
</
$button>
</$reveal>
<$reveal type="nomatch" text={{!!type}} default="text/
html">
<$button tooltip="
turn on wysiwyg" class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$action-setfield type="
text/html"/>
<$list filter="
[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>prefix[yes]]">
{{$:/core/images/storyview-pop}}
</$list>
<$list filter="
[<tv-config-toolbar-text>prefix[yes]]">
tc-btn-text">wysiwyg</span>
</$list>
</$button>
</$reveal>
.dark-button svg {fill:#666 !important;}
.dark-button:hover svg {fill:#ccc !important;}

Best wishes,

Tobias.
buttons-wysiwyg.tid

Dec 17, 2015, 4:05:41 PM12/17/15