Using Google Groups PIN's and More

TonyM

Dec 3, 2019, 5:32:12 PM12/3/19
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

It has come to my attention that pins are not private in Google Groups and whilst I have pinned some I cant seem to see how to unpin. Or reverse Display at top.

This raises the larger Questions about PIN, Completed Flag etc... The problem I have is between mobile and desktop access to these forums these choices appear sometimes and not others. It seems inconsistent.

I am not an admin of this group so can not look behind the scenes, but we need to resolve this once and for all and document it somewhere linked to in the group info.

Any tips please.

Regards
Tony

Consolidated Learning
To PIN/UNPIN

Open the thread in The Google Forum View - Use the Actions Button

Pins are forum wide so please use sparingly.

Stars

Open the thread in The Google Forum View - Click on the star icon first post or any reply

Stars are Personal so use as needed.
In the online forum You Stared Items are reviewed across all your groups at once, and you can optionally see number of replies and more

Forum Tricks

Outstanding Questions
  • Can we unpin others pins?
  • How can we tell who pinned something?

TonyM

Dec 3, 2019, 5:36:48 PM12/3/19
to TiddlyWiki

    On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 9:32:12 AM UTC+11, TonyM wrote:
    Folks,

    It has come to my attention that pins are not private in Google Groups and whilst I have pinned some I cant seem to see how to unpin. Or reverse Display at top.

    This raises the larger Questions about PIN, Completed Flag etc... The problem I have is between mobile and desktop access to these forums these choices appear sometimes and not others. It seems inconsistent.

    I am not an admin of this group so can not look behind the scenes, but we need to resolve this once an for all and document it somewhere linked to in the group info.

    TonyM

    Dec 3, 2019, 6:30:26 PM12/3/19
    to TiddlyWiki
    Renamed Topic in Forum to "Using Google Groups PIN's and More" and edited lead post

    Tony