Does Relink add a new filter operator?

Si

Jul 6, 2021, 3:59:10 PM7/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Relink adds a "Relink references" tab the info panel for a tiddler, which appears to show any fields, links, macros etc. that reference the current one.

Looking at the template for this ($:/plugins/flibbles/relink/ui/TiddlerInfo/ReferencesTemplate), it appears to use a "relink" filter operator:

<$list filter="[<listItem>relink:report<currentTiddler>]">

I can't find any documentation on this, is it something that is intended to be available to end users? I would potentially find it very useful for listing backlinks that are contained within a macro.

TW Tones

Jul 6, 2021, 6:57:50 PM7/6/21
to TiddlyWiki
Si,

Interesting discovery. I suppose in reality it has a quite specific function to list items that relink has under "rename management" that are "White listed" and exist on the current tiddler, for re-link to act on. See $:/plugins/flibbles/relink/ui/configuration/Fields

I think what's important to note is relink can handle modifying existing filters as documented here https://flibbles.github.io/tw5-relink/#Operators

The truth is the relink plugin is the plugin we always wanted, and it delivers so much out of the box, it will take time for people to configure and push it's use a lot further,

I see your starting to do that.

Regards
Tones

David Gifford

Jul 7, 2021, 8:47:57 AM7/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Yes, this is a nice new way of filtering lists.

Try <$list filter=" [!is[system]all[current]relink:backreferences[]!title[$:/StoryList]sort[title]]".....

Si

Jul 7, 2021, 11:02:42 AM7/7/21
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks David, that's very handy.

Flibbles

Jul 10, 2021, 4:21:47 PM7/10/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hey all,

The behavior of those Relink filter operators is undefined because I didn't wish to lock their behavior down and have to remain backward compatible for them (for instance, I did make changes to their behavior between V1 and V2). They are highly specific toward Relink's internal needs, and if I could have prevented them from being publicly exposed, I probably would have.

However, I'm also finding out that a lot of people are starting to use those filters anyway, so it may be time for me to define them in the documentation and ensure ongoing support for them. There seems to be a demand for them.

-Flibbles

Si

Jul 11, 2021, 8:06:57 AM7/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Fibbles,

>>> However, I'm also finding out that a lot of people are starting to use those filters anyway, so it may be time for me to define them in the documentation and ensure ongoing support for them. There seems to be a demand for them.

In my opinion some equivalent to links[] and backlinks[] that could return things like transclusions and soft links within macros would be extremely valuable. This is in my view a limitation of the TiddlyWiki core. Not sure exactly what you already have under the hood but I thought I'd mention what I think would be useful.

Thank you so much for this indispensable plugin!