[OT] basicknowledge101 - a very tiddlyesque site

Mat

Jan 28, 2020, 6:10:06 AM1/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have no idea how I stumbled over this some time ago but, other than it being a really interesting site, it has a strikingly TiddlyWiki-feel to it, without it being a TW, don't you agree?

https://www.basicknowledge101.com/

Just thought someone else here might also find the site interesting.

<:-)

PMario

Jan 28, 2020, 6:46:10 AM1/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mat,

Probably even more OT.

I think knowledge should be free and open!

I think BK101 is far away from TiddlyWiki. TW is free and open source, with a BSD code-license. The content on tiddlywiki.com is CC-BY licensed.

If you scroll down at BK101, till the end, on the homepage it says: All Rights Reserved
I did a little bit of searching and there is no open source license at all.

So for me WikiPedia is the way to go for knowledge. If you search there you'll see: a CC-BY-SA

have fun!
mario

Mat

Jan 28, 2020, 7:15:43 AM1/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
OK, I was only referring to the UI feel of it.

But, continuing the off topic path further:

I think knowledge should be free and open!

Why actually?

<:-)

BTW, I sent an email to the author of that site, mentioning that he might want to check out TW and our forum.

Mohammad

Jan 28, 2020, 2:08:54 PM1/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,
 I like the UI and its simple and semantic design.
Thank you for sharing

--Mohammad

TonyM

Jan 28, 2020, 5:34:44 PM1/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mat,

I think one thing your example highlights is that outside tiddlywikis standard page elements, all over the internet, various elements are used to present information, menus, search and indexes into data in different ways. The example you site for example, presents important navigation information in a page footer.

I have felt for some time we need to use or develop aspects of tiddlywiki's page so tiddlywiki can be reformed as needed to map to some of these organisational and aesthetic alternative layouts so it can respond more to the circumstances and the content of the wiki, and in some cases look more like traditional webpages, but driven by the tiddlywiki platform.

See the system tags that the page template responds to for a start eg above story etc..

Some examples
  • Menu line that stays at the top
  • Second menu line
  • Page footer (as in example)
  • Alternative left hand side bar and new sidebar with user content (as we did in TWC)
  • much much more...

Regards
Tony

TiddlyTweeter

Jan 29, 2020, 11:06:00 AM1/29/20
to TiddlyWiki
I did. Very.

If you look at the source for it it is incredibly minimal.

TT