Problem with TW5.1.22, plugin library not displaying

Torax Malu

May 26, 2020, 2:47:55 AM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi at all,

after hesitating I risked the update my TiddlyWikis on NodeJS to 5.1.22. Well, my old friend Plugin Library showed a strange behaviour: Not showing up.

I investigated a little and found the hint of the configuration tiddler `$:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary`. This configuration is overruled by the plug in TiddlyWeb. Even under Bob the library mechanism seems to be broken because the changes.

Is there a solution or a better explanation? Hints and solutions are very welcomed.

Thanks.

Cheers

Torax

Sylvain Naudin

May 26, 2020, 3:21:59 PM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

Yes, that is by design.

I'm quoting Jeremy :

"Thanks everyone, and sorry for the confusion. As @KendrickLamarck says, this is intentional. When using the client-server configuration plugins from the official plugin library should be installed in tiddlywiki.info. Using the browser-based plugin installer means that the plugin is installed as a regular tiddler, and won't be upgraded when the TW installation is upgraded.

I'll have a look at making a warning message visible."

This will be for version 5.1.23

Torax Malu

May 26, 2020, 4:51:17 PM5/26/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Okay, then I didn’t misunderstand the documentation in this point last night. It was a little bit confusing.

But now I encounter the for me unclear situation revolving around “PluginMechanism”, plugin-Folder and plugin.info. Is it so, I only provide a the plugin.info as file and tiddly wiki is fetching it from the given source-url or how does it? Do I have to create a plugin.info in a separated sub-folder for each preferred plug-in or how I’ve to implement this in the setup? The given example in https://tiddlywiki.com/#PluginFolders is a little bit unclear for me.

Thanks for endurance and answering the questions.

Cheers

Torax

Torax Malu

May 26, 2020, 4:59:07 PM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Sorry for the secound post, but while meditating over the plugin.info - is each plugin simple an "object" in a bigger JSON-structure? Meaning

{

{ /*Plugin-Data 1st plugin */ },

{ /*Plugin-Data 2nd plugin */ },

}

Thanks.

Cheers
Torax

Joshua Fontany

May 26, 2020, 7:27:05 PM5/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
In order to install "official" Plugins on Mode.js served folder-wikis, all you need to do is edit that wiki's "tiddlywiki.info" file and add "tiddlywiki/<plugin-title>" to the Plugins array. There is no UI for this because you need to change it without the server running.

Torax Malu

May 30, 2020, 5:18:54 PM5/30/20
to TiddlyWiki
Okay, I now understand the concept of the plugin-importing via tiddlywiki.info. But how "foreign" plug-in-repos are handled? I don't understand how to import them from that source.