what's the right way to install plugin(which has dependency) on TW5+node.js?

yrosgi L

May 10, 2020, 8:24:16 PM5/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
I followed the guide and edited tiddlywiki.info by adding "zh-CN" into language section, then restart the server and change the language but nothing works. By reading the plugin.info I found that it has a depends on "zh-Hans". So, after adding this depends into tiddlywiki.info, both the "zh-CN" and "zh-Hans" are worked well.

My question is: Why the dependents do not install automatically, or is that mean the way I install plugin was wrong?

Thanks.

Arlen Beiler

May 12, 2020, 10:22:48 AM5/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
You did it correctly. Dependencies are not installed automatically in this case. Why? Probably for security reasons. So you don't update a plugin and suddenly get a new dependency installed. Jeremy has been quite conscious of this over the years.