CSS & TW

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 7, 2019, 4:30:59 AM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Quick comment ...
  • CSS in TW is (pretty damn) good.
  • It is more mobile-friendly than I thought before
  • Part of the reason for that is maybe its fundamental Tiddler architecture? It is REMARKABLY consistent.
But, we still need TOOLS to easier SEE how classes are applied.

Yeah, you can use a code "Inspector" in a browser.

But, better to see it live in a TiddlyWiki CSS Designer.

My tuppence
TT

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 7, 2019, 4:31:34 AM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Repeat for email users ...

TonyM

Nov 7, 2019, 6:01:30 AM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
TT

Perhaps tiddlywiki bricks is the answer, with a little more tweeking and documentation to support regular users.

Also as stated before we need to demonstrate how to address elements in specific tiddlers without css effecting other parts of the page or other tiddlers.

Regards
Tony

Hubert

Nov 7, 2019, 7:25:51 AM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi TiddlyTweeter,

This document lists a large number of TW CSS classes/selectors that I personally use as a reference in my experiments. I think you can get very far with your design pursuits with this reference alone.

I'm not sure whether introducing a UI for every single tweakable appearance element is worth the development time and effort, especially that it could also introduce bloat along the way. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Hubert

Hubert

Nov 7, 2019, 7:29:46 AM11/7/19
to TiddlyWiki
Tony,

Also as stated before we need to demonstrate how to address elements in specific tiddlers without css effecting other parts of the page or other tiddlers.

Apologies if I'm missing what you're implying, but isn't this what custom CSS classes are for?

Regards,
Hubert