Customisation

blarg H

Apr 27, 2020, 7:52:14 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi all,

Is there a good guide on how to customise tiddlywiki to your own specifications, such as designing your own themes.

I just need a good guide on the syntax of tiddlywiki such that I can customise it to my own needs and in the future be able to build useful plugins for the community?

Thanks,
Blarg

TonyM

Apr 27, 2020, 9:09:20 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Blarg,

I would spend time at tiddlywiki.com searching for items such as themes, palettes etc... depending on your needs a lot can be done without an additional theme, but the are some great ones out there already in addition to the new ones included in the latest tiddlywiki.

Feel free to ask questions here.

tiddlywiki is immensely configurable, a fact often missed by many new users with good web experience, who immediately try and solve things using the methods they use elsewhere. However the answer is often already there in tiddlywiki.

As a community we always benefit more when new solutions fit within the existing platform and leverage the mechanisms within, although its a fact that tiddlywiki integrates well with most internet technologies.

Mat

Apr 28, 2020, 3:14:31 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWiki
blarg H wrote:
Is there a good guide on how to customise tiddlywiki to your own specifications, such as designing your own themes.

Interestingly there isn't any overall guide for the page layout. With that said - because everything are tiddlers, if you understand how to manipulate tiddlers, including e.g principles like how much is really a matter of displaying list etc, then you also know most about how to affect the overall layout.

I just need a good guide on the syntax of tiddlywiki

Well, "themes" and "syntax" are not really the same question IMO.

Between the lines, I think what you're asking is more the big one "How do I master TW?" and I'd agree with Tony then. Fiddle around with it, use tiddlywiki.com and this board as reference. We're here to help you with specifics.

<:-)