Here's how to save you Tiddlyspot to a local file on a flash drive

Chuck R.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:36:12 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
  1. You will have your TW address, like MYTW.tiddlyspot.com.
  2. Open a new tab in your browser and put this in as the address: MYTW.tiddlyspot.com/backup/
  3. Hit enter to load the backup page.
  4. You should see a list of files.
  5. Find the file at the bottom of the list, it will have the most recent backup date and time.
  6. Right click the file.
  7. Choose Save As to save it, choose the directory on your flash drive to save it, give it an extension of .html.
  8. Now open the backup copy on your flash drive.
That's it!

I don't know how many backups they keep but I just created my TW5 on Tiddlyspot today, and I must have 20 backups or more.

Eric Shulman

Nov 25, 2019, 10:44:18 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
You can also get a local copy of the *current* revision of your TiddlySpot TW by using MYTW.tiddlyspot.com/download

-e

Ton Gerner

Nov 25, 2019, 10:48:28 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Chuck,

What is wrong with right clicking the save button of your TW5 at TiddlySpot and choosing Save as?

Cheers,

Ton

Chuck R.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:34:08 AM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hm, I could not find any documentation on how to do this, so I experimented and posted this message. But right click Save As does seem to work when I opened up the TW5 file I saved.

Ton Gerner

Nov 25, 2019, 1:34:53 PM11/25/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Chuck,

Hm, I could not find any documentation on how to do this, so I experimented and posted this message. But right click Save As does seem to work when I opened up the TW5 file I saved.

We all learn everyday ;-)

Cheers,

Ton