New SoundCite plugin created

Florian Kohrt

Jun 10, 2020, 1:37:45 PM6/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I've assembled a small plugin that allows to embed inline audio behind text.

Demo:
https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tw5-soundcite/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ffk%2Fsoundcite
Code: https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/tw5-soundcite

It uses the SoundCite library, the official website has a few more
advanced examples: http://soundcite.knightlab.com/

The implementation is rather dirty, making use of RawMarkup tags and
inline JavaScript and also doesn't work together with Camel Case Wiki
Links enabled. Still, there might be some nice use cases, so if you
build something cool with it, I'd be happy to see it!

Feel free to use, share and contribute, the "code" (it's really not that
much) is MIT licensed. And helpful feedback is also appreciated, as it's
my first contribution to the TiddlyWiki universe...

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 10, 2020, 2:45:07 PM6/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
This is seriously interesting ... Most elegant.

I think you need add some examples in normal tiddlers to show it off like like ...

Annotation 2020-06-10 204237.jpg

Good stuff!

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 10, 2020, 3:31:59 PM6/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
I did some testing with larger MP3s at archive.org Worked well.

Tx, TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 10, 2020, 3:34:36 PM6/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Regarding CamelCase, is it blocking it? What is the issue?

Florian

Jun 10, 2020, 3:48:44 PM6/10/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
What happens is that inside the JavaScript code [1] the terms
`PopcornClip` and `SoundCloudClip` are turned into HTML links:

`new soundcite.PopcornClip(el);` becomes `new soundcite.<a
class="tc-tiddlylink tc-tiddlylink-missing"
href="#PopcornClip">PopcornClip</a>(el);`

and

`new soundcite.SoundCloudClip(el);` becomes `new soundcite.<a
class="tc-tiddlylink tc-tiddlylink-missing"
href="#SoundCloudClip">SoundCloudClip</a>(el);`

[1]:
https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/tw5-soundcite/-/blob/7301edb0/macro.tid#L13-15

TonyM

Jun 10, 2020, 7:25:26 PM6/10/20
to TiddlyWiki

fkohrt

Thanks for sharing this to the community. It does take audio closer to the way tiddlywiki works and makes me wonder how we may make tiddlers that represent audio similarly to images, even external images.
The idea of audio to
illustrate the text is also great adding a further dimension.

Quite timely for me as a friend is producing audio for sales to pod casters

Thank you
Tony

David Gifford

Jun 10, 2020, 7:54:00 PM6/10/20
to TiddlyWiki
Added to the Toolmap under the media section!

Florian Kohrt

Jun 11, 2020, 12:09:58 AM6/11/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Yeah, you're right, I added some demos:
https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tw5-soundcite/#:%5B%5BSoundCite%20Demo%5D%5D%20%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ffk%2Fsoundcite

Am 10.06.20 um 20:45 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
> This is seriously interesting ... Most elegant.
>
> I think you need add some examples in normal tiddlers to show it off
> like like ...
>

> Thisissome <<soundcite
> "https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Beet5mov1bars1to5.ogg""Beethoven">>just
> to //dud-ahhh-da-dahhh//.
> |

> [[GeeshieWiley's|https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geeshie_Wiley]]

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 11, 2020, 8:10:01 AM6/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
There might be a way to selectively switch off parsing for Camel Case of that.

I don't know enough to be sure. If you feel there is sufficient interest in SoundCite plugin you might ask specifically about that in the Dev group.

Best wishes
TT

TW Tones

Jun 11, 2020, 9:06:00 AM6/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
fkohrt,

Just to be clear I really like this solution because it allows us to treat audio like we do tiddler titles.
  • The audio can sit in tiddler content just as a link, tiddler link, transclusion etc.. can.
  • It is the most minimal interface you could get to an audio payer but feels so true to tiddlywikis way of doing things.
Thanks Heaps.

Regards
Tony

Florian

Jun 11, 2020, 11:23:50 AM6/11/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tony! Yeah, it's a bit like an audio version of Ted Nelson's
StretchText.

I just added some docs on how to customize the colors and the progress
animation.

Am 11.06.20 um 15:06 schrieb TW Tones:
> fkohrt,
>
> Just to be clear I really like this solution because it allows us to
> treat audio like we do tiddler titles.
>
> * The audio can sit in tiddler content just as a link, tiddler link,
> transclusion etc.. can.
> * It is the most minimal interface you could get to an audio payer but

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 11, 2020, 12:06:04 PM6/11/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Florian

Just FYI we have two versions of Stretch Text in TW!

If interested let me know & I'll try hunt  them down.
Might be interesting to see if sound cites can be embedded in them!

TT

Florian

Jun 11, 2020, 1:17:23 PM6/11/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Oh thanks, I already discovered some of them, e. g. Thomas Elmiger's
https://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html#TextStretch
(For a comprehensive overview one should probably consider reveal,
footnote, tooltip/mouseover/popup plugins as well, as they do
conceptually similar things, with varying degree of distraction from the
text. A little bit off-topic, but also very interesting if you read
German:
<https://vsis-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vsis/publications/lookthesis/313>)

I recently stumbled upon another version that's more sophisticated and
probably closer to the original vision: https://getcoleman.com/

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 11, 2020, 2:32:02 PM6/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
The Slider in that is interesting ..

Florian wrote:

... I recently stumbled upon another version that's more sophisticated and

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 11, 2020, 2:41:55 PM6/11/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian wrote:
Oh thanks, I already discovered some of them, e. g. Thomas Elmiger's
https://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html#TextStretch

His version inspired off an earlier version by Mat, I think. I can't find it.

(For a comprehensive overview one should probably consider reveal,
footnote, tooltip/mouseover/popup plugins as well, as they do
conceptually similar things, with varying degree of distraction from the
text.

IF you wanna do an enhanced Telmiger I'm sure he would be happy. :-)

Progressive reveal is the essence, yes. But in the original its quite focused on not "jumping" modality. Mainly text expansion.

In any case, slow stepped TEXT reveal in (paragraph) context is quite rare, actually.

Just a comment.
TT

Birthe C

Jun 11, 2020, 5:22:22 PM6/11/20
to TiddlyWiki

Florian

Jun 11, 2020, 5:34:51 PM6/11/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Am 11.06.20 um 20:41 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
While I do like the way it is presented very much, I don't feel
comfortable with the workflow required to create the stretch text. I am
intrigued by the idea to present information in variable depth,
originating from only one source. But creating longer samples is no fun,
see e. g. the source of the following strex sample (using text from the
Heinrich von Kleist, known for his long sentences):
https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tiddlywiki-stuff/#Kleist%3A%20Kohlhaas

> Just a comment.
> TT
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/29764beb-6423-48cc-9de5-4c4577baac85o%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/29764beb-6423-48cc-9de5-4c4577baac85o%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 2:11:39 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian wrote:
... discovered some of them, e. g. Thomas Elmiger's
>     https://tid.li/tw5/hacks.html#TextStretch

While I do like the way it is presented very much, I don't feel
comfortable with the workflow required to create the stretch text. I am
intrigued by the idea to present information in variable depth,
originating from only one source. But creating longer samples is no fun,
see e. g. the source of the following strex sample (using text from the
Heinrich von Kleist, known for his long sentences):

https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tiddlywiki-stuff/#Kleist%3A%20Kohlhaas

 That is a great example!!

You are right it can be very demanding building one, especially once you start nesting.
Part of that problem is,  I think, not just the tool per se, its mentally visualising what to do.
At least I quickly get confused!

One thing might be to use CSS with strex during the construction with all strex expanded.
CSS cascade could color different strex levels in the render. Only needed to help building one.
Off in finished version.
A thought.

Best wishes
TT

Ste Wilson

Jun 12, 2020, 2:18:30 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
I did contemplate doing the stretch text type thing for answers to maths questions where the default solution goes straight to the solution and then stretches break down each step to get there so students could drill down to the level of support they needed... But I've never quite worked up to doing it as its effort enough putting up a good worked example!

TW Tones

Jun 12, 2020, 2:35:11 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ste,

Your Maths questions Idea, Sounds a little like an adaptive test, or questionnaire. The content depends on previous answers. . Tiddlywiki is a great tool to implement this. As I will one day.

Regards
Tony

Ste Wilson

Jun 12, 2020, 4:33:55 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki

Sorry about the thread hijack :(

Hi Tony,

Quick mockup:

I was thinking something like the attached, but also perhaps just being able to collapse the middle in/ out of a more traditional layout: http://stephenteacher.tiddlyspot.com/#Gay%20Lussac%20Worked%20Example
Stretch maths.json

Ste Wilson

Jun 12, 2020, 5:23:09 AM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
But adaptive tests would be brilliant too :)

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 12:06:14 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian

I'm doing some playing around combining it with STREX.

SOUNDCITE is very well made. Though the advice is to use it for short clips. Its also quite useable as a jukebox. Fits very well with TW!

IMPORTANT it carries on playing even when you close a Tiddler that started it. That is exactly what makes a great jukebox!

I'll play some more & give an example.

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 1:20:16 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian

Just FYI, your plugin got considerable interest on Twitter ...

TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 1:50:29 PM6/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Florian

Here is online: using your plugin with Strex example.

I was interested, really in making "contextual jukeboxes". It works well!

No nesting yet. But its neat in its simplicity I think.

A couple issues came up. No big deal.

--- Main one was that if you collapse a Strex after starting a Soundcite the Soundcite play icon reverts to "play" rather than "playing" when you reopen the strex. Which means user might start it twice. Minor issue. UPDATE: Stuff in red I can longer replicate.

--- I think its brilliant you can launch a sound file and close a tiddler that launched it and it carries on playing! Exactly what a jukebox is!  But, is there possibility of a global "Stop" button? I.e. terminate the running instances of Soundcite?

Many thanks. Great tool.
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 3:36:52 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
For those on email, I revised my last post indicating what I thought was an issue isn't. Its in red. TT

On Friday, 12 June 2020 19:50:29 UTC+2, TiddlyTweeter wrote:
Florian

Here is online: using your plugin with Strex example.

I was interested, really in making "contextual jukeboxes". It works well!

No nesting yet. But its neat in its simplicity I think.

A couple issues came up. No big deal.

--- Main one was that if you collapse a Strex after starting a Soundcite the Soundcite play icon reverts to "play" rather than "playing" when you reopen the strex. Which means user might start it twice. Minor issue. UPDATE: Stuff in red I can no longer replicate.

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 12, 2020, 5:02:18 PM6/12/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Florian

Small point. Might be worth mentioning in docs you can use Soundcite to play local files just as easily...

For instance, my music wiki is in a dir with sub-dir "sound". This command plays a local mp3 of Suzanne.

<<soundcite url:"sound/cohen_suzanne.mp3" text:"Suzanne">>

Best wishes
TT

Florian Kohrt

Jun 12, 2020, 7:54:03 PM6/12/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Am 12.06.20 um 21:32 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
> A couple issues came up. No big deal.
>
> --- Main one was that if you collapse a Strex after starting a
> Soundcite the Soundcite play icon reverts to "play" rather than
> "playing" when you reopen the strex. Which means user might start it
> twice. Minor issue.
> UPDATE: Stuff in red I can longer replicate.

Yeah, I mention in the "developing" tab that there are issues when TW
does not retain loaded SoundCite elements. This applies to the <<tabs>>
macro -- where it can be fixed using the "retain" parameter -- and it
apparently also applies to the <<strex>> macro. While it might be
possible to fix this in the SoundCite plugin, it may be more useful to
create a fix for the Strex plugin, so all plugins that use it can benefit.

> --- I think its *brilliant* you can launch a sound file and close a
> tiddler that launched it and it carries on playing! Exactly what a
> jukebox is!
> But, is there possibility of a global "Stop" button? I.e. terminate
> the running instances of Soundcite?

I added the macro <<soundcite-pause-all-button>>, which stops all
playing audios :)

Am 12.06.20 um 23:02 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
> Small point. Might be worth mentioning in docs you can use Soundcite to
> play local files just as easily...

I added that to the usage tab!

Kind regards,
Florian

TW Tones

Jun 13, 2020, 1:54:30 AM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
So all that remains is a way to play a list of audios according to a filter one after the other to build smart playlists, shuffling and use it as a DJ application.

Intergration to play for new and next slides in a presentation would be nice. Or background music that fades at the end.

Love this
Tony

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 13, 2020, 11:20:20 AM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Steve

I too would like see richer STREX examples worked through!

But maybe you should start a new thread?

Just, FYI, not being a mathematician,  I could not understand what the "Strex Steps" are you need :-)

TT, x

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 13, 2020, 12:07:04 PM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian Kohrt wrote:

I added the macro <<soundcite-pause-all-button>>, which stops all
playing audios :)

Excellent! I now have a fully working kit to get on doing stuff whilst having music!

Many thanks!
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 13, 2020, 12:13:34 PM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian Kohrt wrote:

Yeah, I mention in the "developing" tab that there are issues when TW
does not retain loaded SoundCite elements. This applies to the <<tabs>>
macro -- where it can be fixed using the "retain" parameter -- and it
apparently also applies to the <<strex>> macro. While it might be
possible to fix this in the SoundCite plugin, it may be more useful to
create a fix for the Strex plugin, so all plugins that use it can benefit.

Ciao Florian

This is beyond my competence, but an interesting issue on "retain" as it sounds like its doable in TW?

Best wishes
Josiah

Thomas Elmiger

Jun 13, 2020, 12:55:51 PM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hi folks,

First: I like this neat little audio player, this is a really cool idea, Florian, thanks for making it!

Second: After testing shortly with Josiah’s example (I like the Leonard Cohen songs) I came to the conclusion that it would be the job of SoundCite to use something like the TW state mechanism in order to retain or restore the state of a song during the TW (re)rendering process. The strex macro does it in that way, this is why you can open a strex element, close the tiddler, search for the tiddler and reopen it – and taddaaah! – strex elements have the same state as before.

As the tabs as well as standard tiddlers demonstrate, it is a TW thing and not the problem of neither the tabs or the strex macro. To test the standard tiddler case you can go to Leonard Cohen and play a tune there. Close the tiddler, then search for "Leonard" and reopen the tiddler. TW will render all the contents again. So now the soundcite macro should check for the associated sound file, if it is already playing and adjust the play-button accordingly. But it doesn’t and shows the initial state with the play button.

How would this work? When I hit play, a new tiddler should be created:
text: playing

Based on this state tiddler, the macro could know about the button to display on rerendering.

Honestly I have no clue about other states that would be nice to have: paused at [time], ended, ... maybe in a field you could save a counter for how many times a song has been played. Would all that be possible via JS?

Third: A hint about CamelCase linking. I think it would be possible to switch that off for your script tiddlers only by applying Pragma rules, but I never found out where you would be able to look them up. Maybe others can help here.

All the best,
Thomas (the one who built strex)

Florian

Jun 13, 2020, 3:52:10 PM6/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

thank you for the helpful ideas!

Am 13.06.20 um 18:55 schrieb Thomas Elmiger:
> Hi folks,
>
> First: I like this neat little audio player, this is a really cool idea,
> Florian, thanks for making it!
>
> Second: After testing shortly with Josiah’s example (I like the Leonard
> Cohen songs) I came to the conclusion that it would be the job of SoundCite
> to use something like the TW state mechanism
> <https://tiddlywiki.com/#StateMechanism> in order to retain or restore the
> state of a song during the TW (re)rendering process. The strex macro does
> it in that way, this is why you can open a strex element, close the
> tiddler, search for the tiddler and reopen it – and taddaaah! – strex
> elements have the same state as before.
>
> As the tabs as well as standard tiddlers demonstrate, it is a TW thing and
> not the problem of neither the tabs or the strex macro. To test the
> standard tiddler case you can go to Leonard Cohen
> <https://tidbits.wiki/soundcite/soundcite.html> and play a tune there.
> Close the tiddler, then search for "Leonard" and reopen the tiddler. TW
> will render all the contents again. So now the soundcite macro should check
> for the associated sound file, if it is already playing and adjust the
> play-button accordingly. But it doesn’t and shows the initial state with
> the play button.

Yeah, you're right, the soundcite macro does not manage it's state which
I now see would be the proper way to solve this. I first hoped for the
strex macro to implement something similar to the tab macro's "retain"
option, but there still would be issues with other features that do not
retain the elements. And, as you say, that's just not the way TW is
designed.

> How would this work? When I hit play, a new tiddler should be created:
> title:
> $:/state/soundcite/https://ia801205.us.archive.org/16/items/LeonardCohen-YouWantItDarker2016/01YouWantItDarker.mp3
> text: playing
>
> Based on this state tiddler, the macro could know about the button to
> display on rerendering.
>
> Honestly I have no clue about other states that would be nice to have:
> paused at [time], ended, ... maybe in a field you could save a counter for
> how many times a song has been played. Would all that be possible via JS?
>
> Third: A hint about CamelCase linking. I think it would be possible to
> switch that off for your script tiddlers only by applying Pragma rules
> <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Pragma>, but I never found out where you would be
> able to look them up. Maybe others can help here.

Thanks for pointing me in the right directions! I will look into the
state mechanism and the pragmas, but it may take some time until I come
up with something...

> All the best,
> Thomas (the one who built strex)

Kind regards,
Florian

Florian Kohrt

Jun 13, 2020, 3:59:54 PM6/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tony,

Am 13.06.20 um 07:54 schrieb TW Tones:
> So all that remains is a way to play a list of audios according to a filter one after the other to build smart playlists, shuffling and use it as a DJ application.

I'll add this to my list of possible improvements!

Do you mean in presentations like <https://kookma.github.io/Tiddlyshow/>?

> Love this
> Tony

Best,
Florian

Thomas Elmiger

Jun 13, 2020, 4:00:25 PM6/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome.

Forgot to mention before: In Josiahʼs case the state management could lead to correct buttons for ALL appearances of a song, when it is present in more than one open tiddler. Press play in the strex tiddler, close it and stop the song in the Leonard Cohen tiddler.

Cheers,
Thomas

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 13, 2020, 6:28:03 PM6/13/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Florian

I stumbled on something very odd. I think its due to interaction between TW & Soundcite plugin?

 It is easier to show it than explain it, so please visit WEIRD stuff.

FYI, it doesn't stop anything working removing duplicate words in text strings, but usually in TW filters do that. Its odd in that context!

What do you make of it?

Best wishes
Josiah

Florian Kohrt

Jun 13, 2020, 7:27:25 PM6/13/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Josiah,

oh, must've been a riddle tracking that down! I am sorry and thanks for
reporting!
Indeed the text parameter is processed through a filter as I had some
issues constructing the resulting HTML by other means.
I haven't read much TW code yet, so I don't know the patterns that may
usually work but instead come up with something (messy) myself.

Anyways, I fixed it in v1.2.4!

BTW, I really like your choice of songs to demonstrate...

Regards,
Florian

Am 14.06.20 um 00:28 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
> Ciao Florian
>
> I *stumbled* on something very odd. I think its due to interaction between
> TW & Soundcite plugin?
>
> It is easier to show it than explain it, so please visit WEIRD stuff
> <https://tidbits.wiki/soundcite/soundcite.html#A%20Weird%20Case%20...:%5B%5BA%20Weird%20Case%20...%5D%5D%20%5B%5BEasy%20Listening%20...%5D%5D%20%5B%5BLeonard%20Cohen%5D%5D%20%5B%5BGlenn%20Miller%5D%5D%20%5B%5BNathan%20Glantz%5D%5D>
> .

A Gloom

Jun 14, 2020, 12:26:29 AM6/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian,

Feel free to use, share and contribute, the "code" (it's really not that
much) is MIT licensed. And helpful feedback is also appreciated, as it's
my first contribution to the TiddlyWiki universe...

 Congrats on your first contribution-- it may be the first plugin I will use-- it does things I cannot leverage from the HTML5 audio player alone, ie

Remember you don't have to cut up your audio file. SoundCite can serve multiple segments from a single source.

 Unfortunately I won't have it added by the time I release the first video of my TW interactive novel/browser based game (which has a few TW audio tricks already) but this wiki is complex enough for 3 videos so maybe in the second or third video.

Looking forward to testing your SoundCite inside TW code svgs...

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 14, 2020, 5:49:42 AM6/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian Kohrt wrote:

Anyways, I fixed it in v1.2.4!

Thanks! Here is a laugh of what I can now undo ... :-)

Annotation 2020-06-14 114521.jpg

BTW, I really like your choice of songs to demonstrate...

If useful for you, just use them.

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter

Jun 14, 2020, 6:23:07 AM6/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Florian

This is a thought. Not yet a full request. Something I think maybe worth considering in context of TW specific use of Soundcite.
Quite how it could, or if it could, work, I don't know. Let me explain my actual usage already ... The "Soundcites" for different purposes ... with them falling into different "types" ...

1 - Person talking ... (e.g. a full speech)
2 - A "clip" of a person talking ... (e.g. the first few seconds of [1])

3 - A song ... (e.g. Full Song, like the Leonard Cohen) for a mini-jukebox
4 - A "clip" of a song (e.g. the First few seconds of [3])

5 - A "clip" that is used in text flow to emphasize some point the writer is making (likely closest to the original concept?)

6 - A Soundcite that is only for a file held on Local computer (this is more a different "kind" than a different "type")

The point is the tool can be used very flexibly. But the user, currently, sees only one type of interface.

My thought is if we can pass through the Marco some modest modifier, maybe through CSS, to change color, or "start icon" (currently an arrow head) that will indicate the "type" of clip?

Just wondered what You think of this idea!

Great tool!

Best wishes
Josiah

Florian

Jul 7, 2020, 7:58:53 PM7/7/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Josiah,

sorry that it took me so long for a reply! This sounds like a nice
addition that could facilitate using the plugin! I am quite busy right
now, but I will keep this in my head. Also, feel free to add other notes
here or to the repository at https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/tw5-soundcite in
case you come up with something publishable :)

All the best,
Florian

Am 14.06.20 um 12:23 schrieb TiddlyTweeter:
> Ciao Florian
>
> This is a thought. Not yet a full request. Something I think maybe worth
> considering *in context of TW specific use* of Soundcite.
> Quite how it could, or if it could, work, I don't know. Let me explain my
> actual usage already ... The "Soundcites" for different purposes ... with
> them falling into different "types" ...
>
> 1 - Person talking ... (e.g. a full speech)
> 2 - A "clip" of a person talking ... (e.g. the first few seconds of [1])
> 3 - A song ... (e.g. Full Song, like the Leonard Cohen) for a mini-jukebox
> 4 - A "clip" of a song (e.g. the First few seconds of [3])
> 5 - A "clip" that is used in text flow to emphasize some point the writer
> is making (likely closest to the original concept?)
> 6 - A Soundcite that is *only* for a file held on *Local* computer (this is

Florian

Sep 15, 2020, 11:44:30 PM9/15/20
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
The SoundCite plugin now as its own plugin library located at

https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tw5-soundcite/library/

The SoundCite plugin library can be added by dragging the following
tiddler to your TiddlyWiki:

https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tw5-soundcite/#%24%3A%2Fconfig%2FSoundCitePluginLibrary

Then...

- open $:/ControlPanel in your wiki
- click on the "Plugins" tab
- click on the "Get more plugins" button
- under the "SoundCite Plugin Library" tab click "open plugin library"
- click "install" on the SoundCite plugin

Am 10.06.20 um 19:37 schrieb Florian:
> I've assembled a small plugin that allows to embed inline audio behind text.
>
> Demo:
> https://fkohrt.gitlab.io/tw5-soundcite/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ffk%2Fsoundcite
> Code: https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/tw5-soundcite
>
> It uses the SoundCite library, the official website has a few more
> advanced examples: http://soundcite.knightlab.com/
>
> The implementation is rather dirty, making use of RawMarkup tags and
> inline JavaScript and also doesn't work together with Camel Case Wiki
> Links enabled. Still, there might be some nice use cases, so if you
> build something cool with it, I'd be happy to see it!

TW Tones

Sep 16, 2020, 1:07:02 AM9/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian,

Thanks for the update, I test installed it in my playground wiki https://anthonymuscio.github.io/playground.html but I will install it for all when I can.

I see you only have one plugin at the moment do you plan more or is this to help with updates?

I have not applied the plugin to a production wiki and will soon.

Thanks
tony

TW Tones

Sep 16, 2020, 1:14:24 AM9/16/20
to TiddlyWiki
Florian,

IS the example supposed to work once installed from anywhere?
<<soundcite url:"https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Beet5mov1bars1to5.ogg" text:"This">> is only the beginning.

I do not see a way to start it.

Last time I recall clicking it, or an option to show a play symbol.

Regards
Tony

Florian

Sep 16, 2020, 5:50:08 AM9/16/20
to TW Tones, tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Tony,

thanks for trying it out! Yeah, I added the plugin library to make
updates easier. In the beginning, when I did know nothing about TW and
just dragged tiddlers from other TWs into mine I expected them to keep
track of where they come from and to have some update mechanism in place.

It was only later that I learnt that something like update mechanisms
only exists for plugins and only for those in plugin libraries. If
there's only the slightest chance that things get updated in the future
and some manual installation procedure is used (as opposed to cloning
Git repositories) I would create a plugin library, now that I know about it.

Of course, having plugin libraries for each and every plugin itself
might get a little bit much, but then if I create other plugins I can
still think about creating another plugin library that contains all my
plugins (and still keep the individual plugin libraries).

Regarding the issue with the example: I am out of my depth here, I can
confirm that another round of saving and reloading the wiki is required
to make the plugin work and I can also confirm that this is not the case
if tobibeer's script macro is not included, but instead dragged
seperately to the wiki.

Do you have any idea what is going on here? You can try for yourself
with the tiddlers provided in the attachment. My last resort would be
removing the script macro from the plugin again and require it to be
installed seperately, but I'd lik to avoid that.

Regards,
Florian

Am 16.09.20 um 07:14 schrieb TW Tones:
> --