Brute force protection ?

Nikhil Jacob

Jun 15, 2020, 1:05:14 AM6/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
I am new to tiddlywiki and like to use it to host some of my notes on my server using the node server. I am planning to use https and password to protect the wiki from being edited.

Does tiddlywiki throttle / ban multiple failed attempt to login for a given IP ? I could not find this information anywhere. Appreciate if anyone can confirm this.

Thank and Regards,
Nikhil Jacob

TW Tones

Jun 15, 2020, 4:54:13 AM6/15/20
to TiddlyWiki
This will depend on what authentication you use, it is mostly likely part of the server or host you use and you could add additional protection on the front.

I believe the most security comes from using a proxy.

Tell us more about your current setup and authentication and others will help.

Tony

PMario

Jun 15, 2020, 8:10:40 AM6/15/20
to TiddlyWiki

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 7:05:14 AM UTC+2, Nikhil Jacob wrote:
I am new to tiddlywiki and like to use it to host some of my notes on my server using the node server. I am planning to use https and password to protect the wiki from being edited.

Does tiddlywiki throttle / ban multiple failed attempt to login for a given IP ? I could not find this information anywhere. Appreciate if anyone can confirm this.

No. The current server configuration doesn't throttle or ban failed attempts. ... BUT I think it would be highly appreciated, if you would create PRs, if you are able to do so ;)

have fun!
mario