Save to Github -- I keep getting "Error while saving: XMLHttpRequest error code: 404"

Pum Walters

Aug 11, 2021, 9:32:03 AM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Just installed 5.1.23 in a fresh github repo (Pumpapa/pumpapa.github.io)

When I try to set GitHub Saver (see attached screenshot) I get
  Error while saving:
  XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

made a fresh OAUTH token for this and tried it both in FF and Chrome (under Linux).

Access to the page is via a domain beginnings.blog (setup as described in https://boffosocko.com/2020/04/04/self-hosting-tiddlywiki-with-github-pages/)

Any suggestions would be helpful

Screenshot_2021-08-11_14-34-55.png

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 11, 2021, 9:34:57 AM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Where it says "master" for branch, try removing that text and typing it back in manually.

Eric Shulman

Aug 11, 2021, 10:14:27 AM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 3:32:03 PM UTC+2 pum.w...@gmail.com wrote:
Just installed 5.1.23 in a fresh github repo (Pumpapa/pumpapa.github.io)

As of Oct 1, 2020, all new GitHub repositories will use "main" instead of "master"

So, try setting the "Target branch for saving" to "main" instead of "master"

-e

Message has been deleted

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 11, 2021, 4:19:32 PM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Is the target repository set to  Pumpapa/pumpapa.github.io ? I cannot be sure from the screenshot.

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 9:25:56 PM UTC+2 pum.w...@gmail.com wrote:
No luck. I tried main and tried retyping it.
Note that the only branch is in fact master; I'm not sure why, given the link you gave. I created the repo today.

To be sure: what I should do is adapt these settings in ControlPanel/Saving/Github Saver, and then hit save (Ⓥ), right?

Mark S.

Aug 11, 2021, 5:19:50 PM8/11/21
to TiddlyWiki
Type over the path as well. At least in the past it was a phantom. That is, you had to physically type it in even though it appeared to already be filled in.

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-7 pum.w...@gmail.com wrote:
No luck. I tried main and tried retyping it.
Note that the only branch is in fact master; I'm not sure why, given the link you gave. I created the repo today.

To be sure: what I should do is adapt these settings in ControlPanel/Saving/Github Saver, and then hit save (Ⓥ), right?

Pum Walters

Aug 12, 2021, 2:02:36 AM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
OK Guys. Thank you for your perseverance! I did as you suggested, typing everything instead of cut-and-past, and used a new Personal key (gist, notifications, repo) and now it worked.
Thanks again!

PMario

Aug 12, 2021, 3:10:02 AM8/12/21
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,
The only thing, that need to be checked for the access-token to save TW is as follows. Nothing else is needed and shouldn't be assigned.

github-token-save.gif

-mario