Edit Template Tweaks

Mark Kerrigan

Jan 23, 2020, 2:33:14 PM1/23/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello all

This is more of an open-ended question than anything, but I was very intrigued recently with discovering how one could set the editor font. So I changed it to Input Sans and changed the text to my preferred color scheme. I made a number of other changes to make a more minimal edit template

edit-template.jpg

edit-template-fields-open.jpg

I tried to make the text and input fields look as consistent as possible. I also hide the fields in a slider since I don't really edit them as often. I also would prefer to place the fields slider button on the same line as the tags section. Currently the fields slider is a modified version of $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields .

I'm interested if anyone else has created their own minimal edit template.

Thanks

Mark Kerrigan

HC Haase

Jan 24, 2020, 4:03:48 AM1/24/20
to TiddlyWiki
have a look at jd's minimal edit layout plugin. there a a nice hide everryting button. I like it.

However I cant find it on the wild web anymore??? I wonder where it is. but attached is the plugin from my wiki
$__plugins_jd_min.json

TonyM

Jan 26, 2020, 4:34:11 PM1/26/20
to TiddlyWiki

Mat

Jan 26, 2020, 5:24:40 PM1/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Mark Kerrigan wrote:

[...] I also would prefer to place the fields slider button on the same line as the tags section.

This is simple assuming you locate where the tags section so you can position the "slider button" there, which can be located completely separate from where the contents are displayed. See https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#RevealWidget and under "Accordion or Slider" (which doesn't specifically instruct how to separate the position for the button from the revealed content but it's simply a matter of splitting that second reveal so that you have one reveal for the show button, next to that you have another reveal for the hide button and, placed elsewhere, a third reveal for the content. (This took me an embarrassingly long time to realize when I learned TW5).

<:-)

David Gifford

Jan 26, 2020, 8:39:17 PM1/26/20
to TiddlyWiki

I'm interested if anyone else has created their own minimal edit template.

I recently created some tweaks to hide parts of the edittemplate. See here: https://giffmex.org/experiments/expand.edittemplate.html