How do I tell TW not to try to sync even though it's served over HTTP?

Scott Sauyet

May 14, 2020, 12:23:14 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
I have a single-file, read-only, multi-tiddler Tiddlywiki that works great when opened from the file system, but which gets a series of synchronization errors when I try to view it over HTTP:

syncer-browser-tiddlyweb - 14th May 2020 at 11:43am

XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

syncer-browser-tiddlyweb - 14th May 2020 at 12:15pm (count: 33)

Error retrieving skinny tiddler list: XMLHttpRequest error code: 404

syncer-browser-tiddlyweb - 14th May 2020 at 12:16pm (count: 335)

Sync error while processing save of '$:/StoryList': XMLHttpRequest error code: 405

This is static data generated from an application build process, and meant to be the documentation for the (web) application.  So it needs to be served over HTTP.  But I don't want it to think it's being served from TW/Node.

I'm guessing this is not a unique issue.  Is there some way to configure the TW to not try to synchronize when it's served over HTTP?

Thanks,

  -- Scott

Jeremy Ruston

May 14, 2020, 12:42:21 PM5/14/20
to 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Hi Scott

It looks like the "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb” plugin is included in the wiki. You can remove it from the tiddlywiki.info file.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Message has been deleted

Scott Sauyet

May 14, 2020, 4:58:49 PM5/14/20
to TiddlyWiki
(An earlier reply disappeared into the aether.)

Thank you very much.  This was exactly the issue.  Removing that  plugin fixed it.

   -- Scott