Add Tags from a Selected Group

Mohammad Rahmani

May 21, 2021, 3:49:03 PM5/21/21
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
There is a plugin from 2014 http://eucaly-tw5.tiddlyspot.com/# lets add tags  from a selected group of tags! but the UI and learning curve is a bit complicated!

I have prepared a single Tiddler with few macros to do part of the job!

To see how it works

2. download attach JSON and drag and drop into https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/
3. create a new tiddler and see the plus button below the tags bar!
4. click and choose from list (click the checkbox)

You can simply add more categories and there is a lot of possibility! I just used a macro to define my selected tags just for the sake of demonstration!

img_206_%pn.gif

Question:
1. The position of the button is not good and the created UI is ugly!
2. How to improve this?
3. Can we integrate with the current tagging UI in edit mode without touching the core tiddlers?

Best wishes
Mohammad

tagbutton_edittemplate.json

TW Tones

May 21, 2021, 7:16:20 PM5/21/21
to TiddlyWiki
Mohammad,

This is nice. I also seems very adaptable> A project I set my self to do something similar was taking too long. It would be easy for me to readapt.

I tagged it with viewTemplate and ViewToolbar tags and it mostly works fine. however the view toolbar button is opening two popups.

Thanks so much for your work. You so often produce things that are on my mind.

Regards
Tones